- Buy ARTS PDF Aerialist (en)
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,ja)
- Download Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap ABest WMV Video Converter
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (32-bit)
- 199.95$ CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft MapPoint 2010 Europe (en)
- Download Word 2007 For Dummies
- Buy Lynda.com - SEO: Link Building in Depth (en)
- Buy Cheap Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 Ultra
- Buy Cheap Adobe Captivate 4
- Buy JoeSoft Hear MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 (32-bit)
- 9.95$ Paragon NTFS 8 MAC cheap oem
|Illinois Ranks Number 2 for Thanksgiving Day Cooking Fires|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Missy Lundberg|
|Tuesday, 15 November 2011 13:50|
Nov 15, 2011 — Based on data from insurance giant State Farm, more cooking fires occur on Thanksgiving than any other day of the year. In fact, grease and cooking-related claims more than double on Thanksgiving Day compared to an average day in November.
With the popularity of turkey frying increasing, more people than ever are at risk for fryer related fires and injuries. U.S. fire departments are responding to more than 1,000 fires each year in which a deep fryer is involved. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) says deep fryer fires result in more than $15 million in property damage each year and hot oil splatter can cause serious burns to an adult or life threatening injuries to a child.
According to State Farm Insurance claims data, the top 10 states for grease and cooking-related claims on Thanksgiving Day (2005-2010) are as follows:
Most turkey fryer fires are preventable. Recognizing common mistakes is a critical step in reducing your risk of a fire or potentially fatal burns.
To warn people about the dangers of turkey fryers, State Farm has teamed up with actor William Shatner to produce a short video dramatizing an actual accident where the celebrity was burned in a turkey fryer mishap on Thanksgiving. Viewers of the video are encouraged to support “Shatner’s Fryers Club” by simply liking or commenting on the video and agreeing to stay safe when frying or cooking turkey.
Tags See All Tags