- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Word 2013 Essential Training
- Buy OEM Navicat Premium 9 MAC
- Buy Infinite Skills - Interactivity with HTML5 And CreateJS MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Elements 4
- 29.95$ Avanquest SystemSuite Professional 8 cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Creating Infographics with Illustrator
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Web Design Fundamentals cheap oem
- Buy OEM TamoSoft CommView For WiFi 6 Full
- Buy OEM Autodesk MotionBuilder 2012 (32-bit)
|Illinois Ranks Number 2 for Thanksgiving Day Cooking Fires|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Missy Lundberg|
|Tuesday, 15 November 2011 13:50|
Nov 15, 2011 — Based on data from insurance giant State Farm, more cooking fires occur on Thanksgiving than any other day of the year. In fact, grease and cooking-related claims more than double on Thanksgiving Day compared to an average day in November.
With the popularity of turkey frying increasing, more people than ever are at risk for fryer related fires and injuries. U.S. fire departments are responding to more than 1,000 fires each year in which a deep fryer is involved. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) says deep fryer fires result in more than $15 million in property damage each year and hot oil splatter can cause serious burns to an adult or life threatening injuries to a child.
According to State Farm Insurance claims data, the top 10 states for grease and cooking-related claims on Thanksgiving Day (2005-2010) are as follows:
Most turkey fryer fires are preventable. Recognizing common mistakes is a critical step in reducing your risk of a fire or potentially fatal burns.
To warn people about the dangers of turkey fryers, State Farm has teamed up with actor William Shatner to produce a short video dramatizing an actual accident where the celebrity was burned in a turkey fryer mishap on Thanksgiving. Viewers of the video are encouraged to support “Shatner’s Fryers Club” by simply liking or commenting on the video and agreeing to stay safe when frying or cooking turkey.
Tags See All Tags