- Download Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 Ultra
- 99.95$ Smith Micro Poser 8 MAC cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Project 2010: The Missing Manual
- Discount - ABest MPEG VCD DVD Video Converter
- Buy Cheap Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server
- Buy Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 (64-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Latin America) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM ABest Video to WMV MPEG Converter
- 149.95$ Corel Draw Graphics Suite X4 SP2 cheap oem
- Download Flying Meat Acorn 2 MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Create Your First Online Store with Drupal Commerce
- Download Adobe Photoshop CC (Full LifeTime License)
|Illinois Ranks Number 2 for Thanksgiving Day Cooking Fires|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Missy Lundberg|
|Tuesday, 15 November 2011 13:50|
Nov 15, 2011 — Based on data from insurance giant State Farm, more cooking fires occur on Thanksgiving than any other day of the year. In fact, grease and cooking-related claims more than double on Thanksgiving Day compared to an average day in November.
With the popularity of turkey frying increasing, more people than ever are at risk for fryer related fires and injuries. U.S. fire departments are responding to more than 1,000 fires each year in which a deep fryer is involved. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) says deep fryer fires result in more than $15 million in property damage each year and hot oil splatter can cause serious burns to an adult or life threatening injuries to a child.
According to State Farm Insurance claims data, the top 10 states for grease and cooking-related claims on Thanksgiving Day (2005-2010) are as follows:
Most turkey fryer fires are preventable. Recognizing common mistakes is a critical step in reducing your risk of a fire or potentially fatal burns.
To warn people about the dangers of turkey fryers, State Farm has teamed up with actor William Shatner to produce a short video dramatizing an actual accident where the celebrity was burned in a turkey fryer mishap on Thanksgiving. Viewers of the video are encouraged to support “Shatner’s Fryers Club” by simply liking or commenting on the video and agreeing to stay safe when frying or cooking turkey.
Tags See All Tags