- Discount - EPLAN Electric P8 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe Edge Animate CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Framemaker Server 10
- Download Autodesk 3Ds Max 2009
- 9.95$ Ashampoo Firewall Pro cheap oem
- 289.95$ Autodesk Alias Design 2014 MAC cheap oem
- 359.95$ Solidworks 2012 Premium (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64 bit)
- Download Xilisoft HD Video Converter 6 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Download Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Mudbox 2012 MAC cheap oem
|Illinois to host Lt. Governors' conference|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Kathryn Phillips|
|Monday, 30 January 2012 15:39|
Half-million dollars projected in revenue
CHICAGO – January 27, 2011. The nation’s “seconds-in-command” will convene in Chicago this summer at a conference expected to generate more than a half-million dollars in revenue for the state.
Lt. Governor Sheila Simon announced today that she will host the National Lieutenant Governors Association (NLGA) annual meeting July 18-20 at the Drake Hotel in Chicago. The NLGA estimates the meeting will generate $612,000 in hotel, food, entertainment, transportation and other expenditures in Illinois.
“More than 200 people are expected to attend the conference, including many of the nation’s lieutenant governors,” said NLGA Director Julia Hurst. “The meeting will focus on issues impacting the economy, and the people of the states and territories, from education to energy, health care and more.”
Lt. Governor Simon is seeking Illinois businesses to sponsor conference sessions to “showcase the best that Illinois has to offer.” Chicago was selected to commemorate the NLGA’s 50th anniversary as it was the site of the inaugural annual meeting in 1962 when Samuel Shapiro was the Illinois Lieutenant Governor.
“The association is delighted to celebrate its 50th anniversary in the very city in which it was founded – Chicago,” said NLGA Chair and Nebraska Lt. Governor Rick Sheehy. “We thank Illinois Lt. Governor Sheila Simon for hosting this bi-partisan group, and we look forward to the energy that she and the Windy City will add to our gathering.”
The NLGA is a nonprofit, professional organization for elected officials who are first in line of succession to the governors in the United States and five territorial jurisdictions. Since 2000, at least 20 lieutenant governors have succeeded governors, including former Lt. Governor and current Governor Pat Quinn.
“We welcome the opportunity to host these influential policymakers and generate tourism dollars for our state,” said Simon, the NLGA Midwest Regional Chair.
Tags See All Tags