- Download Siemens Solid Edge ST6 (64-bit)
- Download Apple Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Premium MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CC MAC (Full Lifetime License)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 Essential Training
- Buy OEM InstallShield X Express Edition
- Buy Maplesoft Maple 14 MAC (en)
- Buy Infinite Skills - Interactivity with HTML5 And CreateJS (en)
- Buy Altova XMLSpy 2009 (en)
- Download Lynda.com - CSS: Styling Navigation
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium Digital Classroom
- Buy OEM Smith Micro PoserPro 2010 MAC
|Immigration advocates expecting arrests and other civil disobedience in three cities|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Laura Barrett|
|Monday, 04 November 2013 11:14|
Advocates plan to target reluctant congressional representatives
What: Protesters in St. Louis MO, South Bend IN, and St. Paul MN plan to be arrested outside Congressmembers’ offices.
The goal of the protests is to advocate for representatives to vote on Comprehensive Immigration Reform in the U.S. House before Congress dismisses for the year in just a few weeks.
When: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Monday, November 4
Who: 500 faith leaders, immigrants and Dreamers (DACA students) and children of immigrants.
Where and When:
St. Louis area – Thomas F. Eagleton Federal Courthouse, 111 S. 10th Street, St. Louis, MO; 11 a.m.
South Bend area – Rep. Jackie Walorski's Mishawaka District Office, 202 Lincolnway East, Suite #101, Mishawaka, IN 46544; 4:00 p.m.
St. Paul area - Congressman John Kline’s Office, Suite 135, 350 W. Burnsville Pkwy, Burnsville, MN; 2:00 p.m.
Details: Since 2010, Gamaliel, a national network of grassroots, faith-based affiliates, has been participating in events to draw attention to the issue of Comprehensive Immigration Reform. Starting with weekly prayer vigils in front of the offices of members of Congress, the campaign has now escalated to a series of Civil Disobedience actions, in coalition with other social justice organizations.
For additional information on Gamaliel’s immigration work, see http://www.gamaliel.org/
Gamaliel is a grassroots network of non-partisan, faith-based organizations in 17 U.S. states, South Africa and the United Kingdom. Gamaliel organizes to empower ordinary people to effectively participate in the political, environmental, social and economic decisions affecting their lives. Gamaliel’s diverse members apply their faith and values to the pursuit of equal opportunity for all, shared abundance, and stronger, more prosperous communities.
Tags See All Tags