- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- Discount - EPLAN Electric P8 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Mudbox 2009
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC
- Buy iStopMotion 2 Pro MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Acronis True Image 11 Home
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- 399.95$ Siemens Solid Edge ST6 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - iPhone SDK Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Works 9
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Mudbox 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Intuit TurboTax 2009 Deluxe
- Discount - Atomix VirtualDJ Pro 7 MAC
|Increase Your Technology Literacy in 2014|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Tuesday, 24 December 2013 12:30|
No Manual? Never Fear, Your Library is Here!
If you just received technology under the tree, you may notice that the user's manual is no longer included. Fortunately, the Rock Island Public Library offers a number of free programs and resources to help you get the most of your new tablet, computer or other portable reading or listening device..
Classes start as early as this Friday, Dec. 27, with a 2:00 pm session on "How to Download eBooks and eAudiobooks" at the Rock Island Main Library, 401 19th Street. The free class will show participants how to use the OverDrive digital books service to check out books for free to a personal eReader, computer or tablet. The demonstration covers multiple device types.
The same OverDrive session repeats at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, Jan. 21, also at the Rock Island Main Library. Patrons with a current library card from any OverDrive subscribing library can use the service through their library's website.
Additional technology literacy classes coming up in 2014 at Rock Island Library include:
Library How-to: Downloading Magazines with Zinio on:
Zinio is a web-based digital magazine service. Cardholders of participating libraries in Rock Island, Moline and Iowa can use Zinio to download some of their favorite magazines for reading at their convenience. The broad selection of popular titles includes US Weekly, The Food Network, Digital Photo, Chicago Magazine and Rolling Stone. Patrons need a valid library card and Internet connection to use their library's Zinio subscription. Magazines downloaded through the library subscription are free.
Library How-to: Using your Apple iPad tablet:
The free program will familiarize users with various Apple iPad features, and offer some tips on various uses. Participants should bring their iPad. The library does not supply devices for use.
No registration is required for the above classes.
Free mobile apps for using the library's digital products, including OverDrive, OneClickdigital, Freegal and Zinio, are available via the product links on the library website, www.rockislandlibrary.org.
Tags See All Tags