- Buy Lynda.com - LinkedIn Essential Training (en)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012 (32-bit)
- Download Futuremark 3DMark Vantage Professional
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD 2010 (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photo Restoration with Photoshop
- 19.95$ Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 5.1 cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2010 (32 bit)
- Buy Cheap Maplesoft Maple 14 MAC
- Discount - Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite
- Buy Lynda.com - XHTML and HTML Essential Training (en)
- Buy CA Erwin Process Modeler r7.3 (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS Positioning Best Practices
- Download Nero 9 Reloaded
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 One On One: Fundamentals
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate
|Internationally renowned Hornheads to perform with Pleasant Valley High School Jazz Bands|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Drew Anderson|
|Monday, 22 October 2012 14:12|
Bettendorf - The Pleasant Valley High School Band program is excited to have the internationally renowned Hornheads join them as guest artists on their November 12th Jazz Band Showcase concert. The Pleasant Valley Junior High Jazz Band and three Pleasant Valley High School Jazz Bands will open the concert at 6:45pm in the Pleasant Valley High School Auditorium. The Hornheads will go on stage following the Pleasant Valley jazz bands. Admission will be $10 for adults; $5 for students and Century Club members.
The Hornheads, an extraordinarily talented group of horn players, has been gathering international acclaim from artists and critics alike, since 1991. On tour with Prince and the New Power Generation from 1991-1994, the Hornheads performed for over 2 million concert goers in twenty countries. Q Magazine, London, described them as “a peerless horn section...playing in bare brilliant syncopation, punching with a staccato precision beyond the grasp of science or Synclavier.”
Performing on over sixty CD projects, the Hornheads have recorded with national and international artists such as Prince, Chaka Kahn, The Jonas Brothers, Mavis Staples, Phil Upchurch, Ricky Peterson, Jimmy Jam, Mandy Moore, Pedro Abrunhosa, Yumi Matsutoya, Babyface, Illya Kuryaki and the Valderramas, France Gal, Tevin Campbell, Rosie Gaines, Larry Graham, Sétimo Céu, Carmen Electra, Gegé Telesforo, and Ben Jor.
Individually, as top call session and show players, the Hornheads have performed and/or recorded with artists such as Janet Jackson, Rod Stewart, James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Louie Bellson, Ray Charles, Clark Terry, Sammy Davis Jr., Dizzy Gillespie, Tony Bennett, Doc Severinsen, Burt Bacharach, Natalie Cole, Donny Osmond, Johnny Mathis, Michael Bolton, Trisha Yearwood, Lenny Kravitz, The Time, and many others.
As a solo ensemble performing at jazz festivals, arts series, universities, and high schools, this a cappella group brings their distinctive flair to jazz and funk music, combining virtuosic improvisation with sizzling ensemble work to create a truly unique music experience. They delight audiences with their artistry, versatility, musicality, and precision, covering American masters from Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, and Thelonious Monk, to Leonard Bernstein, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Stevie Wonder, while completing their repertoire with dynamic Hornheads’ originals.
Tags See All Tags