- 99.95$ Ableton Live 7 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS Site Design
- Discount - Adobe InDesign CS5
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit)
- Discount - Mark/Space Missing Sync For Windows Mobile MAC
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCad Architecture 2012 (64-bit)
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007 SP2 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Cyberlink DVD Suite 5 Pro
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy MixMeister Fusion 7 MAC (en)
- Discount - ACDSee Pro 4
- Buy Cheap Omni Group OmniFocus 2 Pro MAC
|Internships with Senator Grassley|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Sen Chuck Grassley|
|Tuesday, 18 January 2011 12:27|
Q. Do you offer Iowa students opportunities to intern in your office?
A. Yes. I strongly encourage college students and recent graduates to intern in my offices in Cedar Rapids, Council Bluffs, Davenport, Des Moines, Sioux City, Waterloo and Washington, D.C. Four-month internships are available during the fall and spring semesters, and six-week internships are available during two summer sessions. Many colleges and universities recognize internships for college credit. In addition to being a tremendous learning opportunity, the experience can make students more competitive in the job market, on and off Capitol Hill. Many members of my permanent staff are former interns.
Q. What do interns do?
A. Interns assist permanent staff members in the administrative, legislative, and press departments, as well as my Judiciary Committee staff. Some intern responsibilities include assisting with scheduling, helping constituents with questions, giving Capitol tours and researching topics related to current Senate issues. Internships are a great way for young Iowans to gain valuable work experience and learn first-hand about the legislative branch of government.
Q. Who should apply for an internship?
A. All college-age Iowans are welcome to apply. I look for detail-oriented, enthusiastic individuals. Internships aren’t just for political science majors. I’ve had interns who were majoring in everything from theater to business to Russian, as well.
Q. How can students apply for an internship?
A. My office is currently accepting applications for the summer sessions. The first session runs from May 23 to July 1. The second session runs from July 5 to August 19. Applications for both sessions are due March 15. Applications are available in the placement offices of many Iowa colleges, my Iowa offices, and online at http://grassley.senate.gov/
Tags See All Tags