- Download Adobe InDesign CS5 MAC
- Discount - Access 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Download Photoshop CS4 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Advanced HTML5 Training
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CC (Full Lifetime License)
- Buy Office 2010 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- Buy OEM BeLight Software Art Text 2 MAC
- Discount - Cyberlink PowerDirector 8 Ultra
- Discount - Lynda.com - Excel 2013 Essential Training
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 MAC (64-bit) (en,fr)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (32-bit)
|Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Encourages Iowans to Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right During National Nutrition Month|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Jill Haverkamp|
|Wednesday, 26 March 2014 12:46|
DES MOINES, Iowa (February 28, 2014) – This March for National Nutrition Month®, the Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics encourages Iowans to Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right. Registered dietitians and registered dietitian nutritionists, the food and nutrition experts, are providing tips for National Nutrition Month® to help Iowans learn how to combine taste and nutritionfor healthy, delicious meals.
Even though many individuals are becoming much more health conscious, the majority select food based solely on taste. Consumer research confirms that taste tops nutrition as the main reason why one food is purchased over another. While social, emotional and health factors also play a role, the foods people enjoy are likely the ones they eat most.
The Academy encourages Iowans to explore new foods and flavors, keeping taste and nutrition on your plate at every meal. There is a whole world of tasty and nutritious foods available that are just waiting to be discovered.
Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right Tips
- Explore New Foods and Flavors - Add more nutrition and eating pleasure by expanding your range of food choices. When shopping, make a point of selecting a fruit, vegetable or whole grain that’s new to you or your family. Choose a restaurant that features ethnic foods or find new flavors at community food festivals. Try different versions of familiar foods like blue potatoes, red leaf lettuce or basmati rice.
- Get Cooking - Cooking at home can be healthy, rewarding and cost-effective. Resolve to learn some cooking and kitchen basics, like how to dice an onion or how to store herbs and spices. The collection of How do I... videos at http://www.eatright.org/
- Banish Brown Bag Boredom - Whether it’s a brown bag lunch for work or school, make it a healthy lunch packed with nutrition. Prevent brown bag boredom with these healthy lunch ideas. They’re easy to fix the night before and ready to go in the morning. Try whole-wheat couscous with chick peas or black beans; whole-wheat tortilla filled with chicken, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes; baked potato topped with broccoli, low-fat cheddar cheese and salsa; or spinach salad with sliced pear, red onion and low-fat feta cheese.
- Myths vs. Truths - Don’t believe all the myths out there. It’s important to make informed food choices and develop sound eating habits. Learn more about common myths vs. truths at http://eatrightiowa.org to find accurate information to support your healthy lifestyle.
- Dine Out without Ditching Your Goals - You can dine at a restaurant and stick to your healthy eating plan! The key is to plan ahead, ask questions and choose foods carefully. Think about nutritious items you can add to your plate—fruits, veggies, lean meat, poultry or fish—and look for grilled, baked, broiled or steamed items. See “Healthy Eating on the Run” at http://www.eatright.org/
- Consult RDs and RDNs – Registered dietitians and registered dietitian nutritionists can help you by providing sound, easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice and put you on the path to losing weight, eating well and reducing your risk of chronic disease. Find RDs and RDNs near you at http://www.eatright.org/
The Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics will also celebrate Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day on Wednesday, March 12 to increase awareness of registered dietitians and registered dietitian nutritionists as the indispensable providers of food and nutrition services. Learn more about the Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at http://
About the Iowa Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
The Iowa Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (IAND) is the state’s largest organization of food andnutrition professionals representing more than 800 licensed registered dietitians and registered dietitian nutritionists. The non-profit works to advance the profession of dietetics and is committed to improving the nutrition, health and well-being of all Iowans.
About Registered Dietitians and Registered Dietitian Nutritionists
Registered dietitians and registered dietitian nutritionists are food and nutrition experts who are highly educated professionals with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. They translate the science ofnutrition into practical solutions to help individuals make unique, positive lifestyle changes. They work throughout the community in hospitals, schools, public health clinics, nursing homes, fitness centers, food management, food industry, universities, research and private practice.
# # #
Tags See All Tags