- Buy OEM Lynda.com - MVC Frameworks for Building PHP Web Applications
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection MAC
- Buy OEM Pixologic ZBrush 4 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Visual Communicator 3
- Buy Cheap ABest AVI Video Converter
- Discount - Lavalys Everest Ultimate 4.5
- Download Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2009
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- 249.95$ Autodesk Maya 2011 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 SP3
- Buy Cheap DAZ Bryce 6.1
- Download TamoSoft CommView 6 Full
- Buy Microsoft Outlook 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
|Iowa Chapter Needs Your Support|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Neila Seaman, Sierra Club|
|Thursday, 12 July 2012 14:37|
This spring, we acted in concert with our allies to defeat legislation that would require the sale of public lands and an amendment that would force the Iowa Department of Natural Resources to assess the value of public lands that could be used in farming.
The Chapter also collaborated with our allies to successfully stop an egregious bill that would force rate-payers to fund a new nuclear power plant before it was even built.
The Chapter also succeeded in preventing a Senate vote on a bill that would remove a lead-based ammunition prohibition for hunting Mourning Doves. Although the governor issued an executive order that permits the lead-based ammunition, the Chapter and its partners successfully convinced the Iowa Senate to support the ban by not voting on the bill passed by the House.
However, these accomplishments do not come free – there are costs involved. Can we count on your donation so that we can continue to realize our goals?
You can make a non-tax-deductible donation to continue the Chapter's lobbying efforts by clicking the donate button below.
Or, you can choose to make a tax-deductible donation to further our informational and litigation programs.
If you prefer, you can send a check. Deductible donations need to be made out to The Sierra Club Foundation with Iowa Chapter written in the memo. Non tax-deductible donations can be made out to Sierra Club Iowa Chapter. All checks can be mailed to
Sierra Club Iowa Chapter,
Thank you in advance for your generous contribution.
Neila Seaman, Director,
P.S. Reserve the date of the Annual Dinner – September 22 – at White Rock Conservancy.
Tags See All Tags