- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Microsoft Word 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Download Lynda.com - CSS: Styling Navigation
- Buy OEM ABest Video to MOV MPEG Converter
- 199.95$ Pitney Bowes MapInfo Professional 11.5 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 MAC
- 19.95$ Ashampoo Powerup 3 cheap oem
- Discount - Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10
- Discount - Red Giant Trapcode Suite 12 (32-bit)
- Buy 3D Home Architect Design Suite Deluxe 8 (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2010 (32 bit)
|Iowa College Student Aid Commission Vies for Pepsi Refresh Grant to Fund Financial Literacy Curriculum|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Heather Doe|
|Thursday, 06 May 2010 13:49|
Supporters can vote online now through May 31, 2010 at www.refresheverything.com/
Des Moines, IA., May, 4, 2010 – The Iowa College Student Aid Commission (Iowa College Aid) is in the running for a Pepsi Refresh Grant that would help fund an interactive, web-based financial literacy curriculum to empower teenagers and young adults with the knowledge to make smart financial decisions.
Iowa College Aid’s financial literacy program, “Mission: Money Control”, is just one of many projects in the running for a $50,000 Pepsi Refresh Grant during the month of May. The 10 projects with the most votes in this category at the end of the month will receive funding. If Iowa College Aid’s project is funded, the grant will be used to expand the Mission Money Control program to include an online financial literacy resource. Over 150,000 students and families in Iowa would have free access to the program through the statewide community web portal, www.IHaveaPlanIowa.gov.
“Too many young adults graduate from high school and college unprepared to take control of their financial futures,” stated Karen Misjak, executive director of Iowa College Aid. “We hope to change that by incorporating an online financial literacy curriculum into the www.IHaveaPlanIowa.gov web portal,” Misjak said. “Students in Iowa middle and high schools already use the web portal to create high school course plans and explore career and college programs best suited to their interests, values and strengths. Incorporating financial literacy curriculum into the web portal makes sense. We can impact the future of nearly every Iowa student if we receive this grant, but we need to get the word out to make that happen.”
The Pepsi Refresh Project is an open voting system, so public involvement is needed to receive the grant.
What you can do to help:
For more information about the Mission: Money Control project, contact Iowa College Aid’s Information Service Center at 877-272-4456. More information about financial aid and products and services that help Iowa families plan, prepare and pay for college is available on Iowa College Aid’s website at www.IowaCollegeAid.gov.
Tags See All Tags