- Buy Intuit Quicken Rental Property Manager 2009 (en,us)
- Download Nik Software Silver Efex Pro MAC
- Buy Steinberg Cubase SX3 (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - HTML5: Messaging And Communications In Depth
- Buy OEM 4Media DVD to iPod Converter 5
- 9.95$ Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Lion Edition cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth
- Discount - Adobe Flash Professional CS5 MAC
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium (en,de,es,fr,nl,pt,it)
- Download Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Introduction To AJAX With jQuery
- Download I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Expression Web 2
|Iowa Distillery Releases Seasonal Strawberry Vodka|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Ryan Burchett|
|Tuesday, 26 June 2012 12:55|
Le Claire, Iowa, June 26, 2012 – Mississippi River Distilling Company is excited to announce the release of their newest seasonal product, “Pride of the Wapsi Strawberry Vodka” on June 29, 2012. MRDC is once again partnering with an Iowa business on this product. This time Pride of the Wapsi, a berry patch near Long Grove, Iowa. The new spirit is just in time for Independence Day celebrations.
“The whole idea of the seasonal spirits is to bring some unique products to the market and also partner with other local businesses,” Ryan Burchett, MRDC owner and distiller, says. “We were really excited when the gang at Pride of the Wapsi said they would have enough strawberries to pull this off.”
MRDC used 1,600 pounds of hand-picked strawberries in this latest creation. They loaded their still with fresh strawberries and their signature River Pilot Vodka. After a 12-hour infusion, the strawberries and vodka were redistilled for a one of a kind flavor.
“We’re so excited about the result,” remarks owner and distiller Garrett Burchett. “Our unique distillation technique gives us the essence, fragrance and flavor of strawberry without the sugary sweetness of a liqueur or other artificially flavored vodkas. The aroma of this product is amazing. It smells like fresh strawberry jam.”
For Pride of the Wapsi owners Pat and Lora Dierickx, this was a big project. “This year we closed the patch down a little sooner than we had hoped, but we were happy to be able to get the 1,600 pounds of strawberries picked for the distillery before that.” Pat says. “We think this project will bring a whole new awareness to our farm. We never dreamt that our berries would be used for vodka. But we’re so pleased to see this collaboration work out.”
The first bottles of the strawberry vodka will be released this Friday, June 29. The following week, Pride of the Wapsi will be specially featured at MRDC’s First Friday event held Friday, July 6 from 5:30 – 8 p.m. Along with the farmers being on hand, fans who purchase bottles that evening will be able to get a free commemorative pint glass marking the release of the new vodka.
Mississippi River Distilling Company is open from 10 AM to 5 PM Monday through Saturday and from 12 to 5 PM Sundays. Free tours are offered to the public daily on the hour from 12 to 4 PM or by appointment. The tour takes visitors through the entire distilling process. Tours end in the Grand Tasting Room with free samples of products for those patrons over 21 years of age.
Tags See All Tags