- Download Microsoft Publisher 2013
- Download Neobyte Titan Backup
- 99.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM QuarkXPress 10 MAC
- Discount - HogBay Software TaskPaper MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 (64bit)
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CC MAC (Full Lifetime License) (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,tr,hu,pl,cs,ru,ja,kr)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Italian (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 Set) MAC
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition (en,ja)
- Discount - Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (32-bit)
- 59.95$ Microsoft Office Excel 2007 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk Revit MEP 2011
|Iowa House Moves Marriage Inequality Amendment Forward|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Paul Guequierre|
|Wednesday, 02 February 2011 10:09|
Senate Majority Leader vows to fight discriminatory amendments
WASHINGTON — The Human Rights Campaign, the nation’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights group, today criticized the Iowa House for passing an amendment to the state constitution that would prohibit any form of relationship recognition for same-sex couples. The amendment passed by a 62 to 37 vote and will now be sent to the Iowa Senate for consideration.
“The actions of the Iowa House have the potential to place families at risk,” said HRC President Joe Solmonese. “The people of Iowa deserve better from their representatives. Iowa has a proud tradition of protecting the liberties of all of its citizens and we call upon the Senate to restore that tradition.”
“The proposed amendment devalues families and divides Iowans,” said One Iowa Executive Director Carolyn Jenison. “The Constitution is meant to protect the freedoms and liberties of all Iowans. It is inappropriate to use the political process to single out and deny a group of Iowans of their constitutional protections. ”
House Joint Resolution 6 proposes an amendment to the Constitution of the State of Iowa specifying marriage between one man and one woman as the only legal union that is valid or recognized in the state. The language prohibits civil unions and domestic partnerships as well as marriage for same-sex couples. Senate Majority Leader Mike Gronstal has vowed to fight any attempt to amend the constitution to discriminate against same-sex couples. In order to end up on the ballot, the proposed amendment must pass through both chambers of the Iowa Legislature in two consecutive legislative sessions.
The Human Rights Campaign is America’s largest civil rights organization working to achieve gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality. By inspiring and engaging all Americans, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBT citizens and realize a nation that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
# # #
Tags See All Tags