- Buy Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- Download Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Microsoft Excel 2013
- Download Red Giant Effects Suite 11 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student Family Pack MAC (en,da,de,ru,it,fr,es,fi,nl,nb,pl,sv,ja)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CC Student And Teacher Edition MAC (Full LifeTime license)
- Download Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate with SP2 (64bit)
- Buy Cheap Lightroom 3: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process
- Discount - Cakewalk Sonar 8 Producer Edition
- Buy Cheap Smith Micro Poser 8 MAC
- Buy OEM VMware Fusion 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Alien Skin Blow Up 3
- Buy Cheap Marketcircle Billings 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Roxio Toast 10 Titanium MAC
|Iowa Legislative Update: Radon|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Peggy Huppert|
|Monday, 13 February 2012 14:27|
Many of you are aware of the danger that radon gas poses to our health and the work that we’ve been doing to raise awareness through the Iowa Radon Coalition over the past year. (Radon is a naturally occurring gas that comes from the ground. Iowa has the highest incidence of radon in homes in the nation.)
I’m happy to report that legislation is in the works to protect Iowans from this deadly threat, the second-leading cause of lung cancer behind smoking. Radon kills about 400 Iowans a year – more than are killed in traffic accidents.
Sen. Jeff Danielson, D-Cedar Falls, and Rep. Peter Cownie, R-West Des Moines, chairs of their respective chambers’ State Government Committees, have submitted requests for study bills dealing with radon. The bills will include important strategies for protecting Iowans from radon, requiring:
Please take action by contacting Sen. Danielson and Rep. Cownie today to thank them for requesting these bill drafts and ask them to do their best to get a bill passed out of committee before the first funnel deadline, February 24th.
Our most exciting day of the year is rapidly approaching! Day at the Capitol is Wednesday, Feb. 22nd. We will inform and inspire you, feed you and transport you to and from the Capitol for meetings with your legislators. And it’s all free!
As many of you know, we have a very special guest as our featured speaker that day – Dr. Otis Brawley. As the chief medical officer and executive vice president of the American Cancer Society, Dr. Brawley is responsible for promoting the goals of cancer prevention, early detection, and quality treatment through cancer research and education. He champions efforts to decrease smoking, improve diet, detect cancer at the earliest stage, and provide the critical support cancer patients need. Dr. Brawley is a key leader in the Society’s work to eliminate disparities in access to quality cancer care. It is this area that Dr. Brawley will focus his remarks on at our event.You do not want to miss the chance to hear Otis Brawley. Sign up TODAY and help spread the word about this event to friends and colleagues.
Tags See All Tags