- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Polish (Level 1, 2, 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCad Architecture 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection Student And Teacher Edition
- Discount - Xilisoft Audio Maker 3
- Buy Cheap Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student MAC
- Download Norton PartitionMagic 8.0
- Download Autodesk AutoCad Revit Architecture Suite 2012
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn English (British) (Level 1, 2, 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Essential Training (en)
- Download Avid Media Composer 6 MAC (64 bit)
- Buy OEM JThink Jaikoz Audio Tagger 3 MAC
- Download Solidworks 2010 Premium (64-bit)
- 149.95$ DxO Optics Pro Elite 8 cheap oem
|Iowa State Fair Names New Foods Finalists|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Tuesday, 02 July 2013 09:37|
DES MOINES, IA (06/27/2013)(readMedia)-- "Happiness Is" new food at the Iowa State Fair! Eight concessionaires submitted tasty treats in the new foods contest to vie for a finalist title. Fairgoers can try these offerings along with countless other Fair foods August 8-18.
Bringing the beach to Iowa, the Shrimp Corndog, available at the Po-Boy Stand, is a savory snack featuring three fresh shrimp dipped in corndog batter, fried to golden perfection and topped with a sweet jalapeno glaze.
The Smoothie On-a-stick at Turkey Time Concessions will offer Fairgoers a sweet and healthy way to cool down. The strawberry smoothie is frozen, put on a stick and ready to be eaten on any hot August Fair day.
The Bacon Wrapped Riblet On-a-stick, available at the Bud Tent, is a pork riblet wrapped in bacon, hickory smoked and then basted with barbeque sauce.
Additional sweet entries included a Fried Brownie On-a-stick, a Soft Salted Chocolate-Dipped Almond Pretzel On-a-stick and a Coconut Mountain, a soft and chewy coconut ball rolled in coconut flakes and dipped in fresh chocolate. These treats join more than 50 foods on-a-stick offered at the Fair.
The mouth watering treats don't stop there. Both the Sweet Corn Corndog, a hot dog dipped in batter enriched with fried sweet corn, and the Rib Shack Cowboy, cowboy beans, brisket or pork, cole slaw, a signature chip and barbeque sauce in a spice-flavored waffle cone, will entice Fairgoers looking for a unique treat.
Concessionaires were asked to submit a creative food item that aligned with the integrity of their current menu. The Iowa State Fair Board judged the food entries based on taste/flavor, presentation/appearance, value and creativity/originality. The contest winner will be announced during the Fair.
More new 2013 Fair foods will be announced in early July.
"Nothing Compares" to the Iowa State Fair set August 8-18, 2013. Save money on advance admission tickets now through August 7 (while supplies last). For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags