- Download Photoshop Lightroom 2 For Dummies
- Download Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Europe
- Buy Alien Skin Exposure 5 (en)
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning OS X Mountain Lion Server MAC (en)
- 9.95$ Dreamweaver CS6: The Missing Manual cheap oem
- Buy Nuance PDF Converter Professional 6 (en)
- Discount - Autodesk Maya 2014 MAC
- Buy Cheap Avnex Voice Changer Software Diamond Edition 6.0.34
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD 2008 (32 bit)
- Discount - Pixologic ZBrush 3 MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Access 2013 Essential Training cheap oem
|Iowa State Fair Names New Foods Finalists|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Tuesday, 02 July 2013 09:37|
DES MOINES, IA (06/27/2013)(readMedia)-- "Happiness Is" new food at the Iowa State Fair! Eight concessionaires submitted tasty treats in the new foods contest to vie for a finalist title. Fairgoers can try these offerings along with countless other Fair foods August 8-18.
Bringing the beach to Iowa, the Shrimp Corndog, available at the Po-Boy Stand, is a savory snack featuring three fresh shrimp dipped in corndog batter, fried to golden perfection and topped with a sweet jalapeno glaze.
The Smoothie On-a-stick at Turkey Time Concessions will offer Fairgoers a sweet and healthy way to cool down. The strawberry smoothie is frozen, put on a stick and ready to be eaten on any hot August Fair day.
The Bacon Wrapped Riblet On-a-stick, available at the Bud Tent, is a pork riblet wrapped in bacon, hickory smoked and then basted with barbeque sauce.
Additional sweet entries included a Fried Brownie On-a-stick, a Soft Salted Chocolate-Dipped Almond Pretzel On-a-stick and a Coconut Mountain, a soft and chewy coconut ball rolled in coconut flakes and dipped in fresh chocolate. These treats join more than 50 foods on-a-stick offered at the Fair.
The mouth watering treats don't stop there. Both the Sweet Corn Corndog, a hot dog dipped in batter enriched with fried sweet corn, and the Rib Shack Cowboy, cowboy beans, brisket or pork, cole slaw, a signature chip and barbeque sauce in a spice-flavored waffle cone, will entice Fairgoers looking for a unique treat.
Concessionaires were asked to submit a creative food item that aligned with the integrity of their current menu. The Iowa State Fair Board judged the food entries based on taste/flavor, presentation/appearance, value and creativity/originality. The contest winner will be announced during the Fair.
More new 2013 Fair foods will be announced in early July.
"Nothing Compares" to the Iowa State Fair set August 8-18, 2013. Save money on advance admission tickets now through August 7 (while supplies last). For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags