- Buy Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012 (en)
- 9.95$ iStat Menus 4 MAC cheap oem
- Download OmniGroup OmniPlan MAC
- Buy Cheap MacGourmet Deluxe 3 MAC
- Download Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 (32-bit)
- 239.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium Student and Teacher Edition MAC cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 SP3 (en,fr,de)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Discount - SnagIt 2.2 MAC
- Download ABest RM RMVB Video Converter
- Buy OEM VMware Workstation 6.5 ACE
- 319.95$ Autodesk AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk Mudbox 2014 MAC
|Iowa State Representative Jim Lykam Receives Humane Legislator Award|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Martin Montorfano|
|Monday, 23 March 2009 08:54|
(March 23, 2009) -- Each year, The Humane Society of the United States, the nation's largest animal protection organization, recognizes state legislators across the country who have initiated path-breaking animal protection legislation and demonstrably advanced reform in the policy-making arena. The organization is pleased to announce that Iowa state Rep. Jim Lykam is a Humane State Legislator Award winner for 2008.
Rep. Lykam is being honored for introducing and passing anti-dogfighting legislation. That bill, HF 2381, increased the penalties for being a spectator at a dogfight.
Continuing his leadership on animal protection policies into this legislative session, Rep. Lykam is also currently the sponsor of HF 486, which would allow the state to conduct inspections of USDA-licensed puppy mills in Iowa.
“Ending animal fighting in Iowa will only happen with penalties that serve as a deterrent,” said Rep. Lykam. “It is my hope that we have taken a step towards this goal by enacting tougher penalties.”
"Iowa Representative Jim Lykam has been a champion of animal protection since he came into office," said Carol Griglione, Iowa state director for The HSUS. "He has advanced the protection of animals in Iowa in a very meaningful way, and we are pleased to honor him with this award and acknowledge his dedicated public service."
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation's largest animal protection organization – backed by 11 million Americans, or one of every 28. For more than a half-century, The HSUS has been fighting for the protection of all animals through advocacy, education, and hands-on programs. Celebrating animals and confronting cruelty. On the web at humanesociety.org .
Tags See All Tags