- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Avid Pro Tools 10 MAC
- Buy Adobe Framemaker 9 (en)
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Microsoft Excel 2013 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Captivate 5
- Buy ABest Video to iPod 3GP Flash Converter (en)
- Buy OEM Atomix VirtualDJ Pro 7 MAC
- Buy Cyberlink Powercinema 5 (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Layer Effects
- Buy OEM Corel WinDVD Pro 11
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails 3 Essential Training (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Joomla!: Creating and Editing Custom Templates
- Download iPad: The Missing Manual
|Iowa State Representative Jim Lykam Receives Humane Legislator Award|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Martin Montorfano|
|Monday, 23 March 2009 08:54|
(March 23, 2009) -- Each year, The Humane Society of the United States, the nation's largest animal protection organization, recognizes state legislators across the country who have initiated path-breaking animal protection legislation and demonstrably advanced reform in the policy-making arena. The organization is pleased to announce that Iowa state Rep. Jim Lykam is a Humane State Legislator Award winner for 2008.
Rep. Lykam is being honored for introducing and passing anti-dogfighting legislation. That bill, HF 2381, increased the penalties for being a spectator at a dogfight.
Continuing his leadership on animal protection policies into this legislative session, Rep. Lykam is also currently the sponsor of HF 486, which would allow the state to conduct inspections of USDA-licensed puppy mills in Iowa.
“Ending animal fighting in Iowa will only happen with penalties that serve as a deterrent,” said Rep. Lykam. “It is my hope that we have taken a step towards this goal by enacting tougher penalties.”
"Iowa Representative Jim Lykam has been a champion of animal protection since he came into office," said Carol Griglione, Iowa state director for The HSUS. "He has advanced the protection of animals in Iowa in a very meaningful way, and we are pleased to honor him with this award and acknowledge his dedicated public service."
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation's largest animal protection organization – backed by 11 million Americans, or one of every 28. For more than a half-century, The HSUS has been fighting for the protection of all animals through advocacy, education, and hands-on programs. Celebrating animals and confronting cruelty. On the web at humanesociety.org .
Tags See All Tags