- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium MAC
- Download Autodesk Smoke 2012 MAC
- 9.95$ Windows 7 Just the Steps For Dummies cheap oem
- Download Adobe CS Production Premium for Final Cut Studio Editors
- Buy OEM Omni Group OmniFocus 2 Pro MAC
- 219.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection Student and Teacher Edition cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (32-bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Buy Cheap FileMaker Pro 11: The Missing Manual
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- 149.95$ CA Erwin Process Modeler r7.3 cheap oem
- Discount - VMware Fusion 6 MAC
- 9.95$ Adobe CS Production Premium for Final Cut Studio Editors cheap oem
- Download Alien Skin Eye Candy 7 MAC
|Iowa State Trooper Funding & Staffing Levels|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Robert Haus|
|Tuesday, 11 January 2011 14:45|
Ensuring Iowa’s Safety: A Plan to Rebuild the Ranks of the Iowa State PatrolI have been fortunate to be a member of the Iowa State Patrol for over twenty years. I work alongside dedicated and professional public servants, my fellow Iowa State Troopers. My colleagues have honored me by electing me the President of the Iowa State Troopers Association, a volunteer position I undertake in addition to my official duties.
In the capacity as ISTA President, I speak with many of my public safety colleagues around the state. There is a growing awareness that recent state budget cuts have been so severe that the safety of Iowans is on the verge of being critically compromised.
Today, there are 371 troopers in the Patrol - a forty-five year low. A lot has changed on Iowa’s roadways in those 45 years. There are more cars, more trucks, and a more sophisticated, organized contraband trafficking network on our highways.
Our Troopers today are some of the most technologically proficient law officers in the field. Working in concert with the Department of Public Safety, the Patrol utilizes systems that stretch the reach and effectiveness of each and every Trooper. There is, however, a limit to our effectiveness at today’s Trooper strength levels. The number of Troopers has dwindled to a dangerously low level, and action is needed in the 2011 legislative session.
It is not uncommon these days for one Trooper to be responsible for covering a three to four county area. The coverage area increases during evening shifts or when there is a special event requiring State Patrol resources. During the most recent winter storm, troopers handled nearly 2,543 emergency calls and investigated 64 personal injury and property-related accidents in a two-day period. Given existing Trooper levels, the State Patrol was stretched to respond in a timely manner to everyone needing help in poor winter conditions.
The Iowa State Troopers Association hopes to work with Governor-elect Branstad and legislative leaders on a specific two-pronged strategy to ensure Iowan’s safety on the road:
While there are no easy answers for Iowa’s budget challenges, we have been encouraged by comments from Governor-elect Branstad and other elected officials about the priority of public safety. As the 2011 legislative session begins in earnest, we look forward to working together to determine the best options to fund these shared priorities.
Working together, we can ensure that Iowa’s roadways are the safest in the nation. That has been, and will continue to be, the most important mission of your Iowa State Troopers.
Tags See All Tags