- Buy Cheap Sony ACID Pro 6
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Analyzing Your Web Site to Improve SEO cheap oem
- Discount - Corel Video Studio Pro X2
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2010
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended (en,it,es,de)
- 39.95$ ABBYY FineReader 8 Express Edition MAC cheap oem
- Download Nuance PaperPort Professional 11.1
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Download Microsoft Windows 8 (32 bit)
- Buy Cheap Solidworks 2012 Premium (64-bit)
|Iowa Supreme Court to Hold Special Session in Quad Cities|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Iowa Judicial Branch|
|Tuesday, 06 March 2012 07:49|
Des Moines, February 28, 2012—On April 10, the Iowa Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in Bettendorf. The court proceedings will take place at the Pleasant Valley High School auditorium, located at 604 Belmont Road. The session will begin at 7 p.m.
The court will hear attorneys argue in two cases yet to be announced.
The supreme court hears cases on appeal, which involves the review of a decision of another court. During oral arguments, the court does not conduct trials, hear witnesses, or admit new evidence. The court determines whether legal errors were committed in the rendering of the lower court's judgment or order. The supreme court can affirm—uphold the decision or order of the lower court, reverse—set aside the decision or order, or remand—send the case back to the lower court with instructions, including instructions to hold a new trial.
The Iowa Supreme Court is composed of seven justices, each appointed by the governor from a slate of three nominees selected by the state judicial nominating commission. Court members are: Chief Justice Mark Cady, and Associate Justices David Wiggins, Daryl Hecht, Brent Appel, Thomas Waterman, Edward Mansfield, and Bruce Zager.
For more information, visit http://www.iowacourts.gov/Supreme_Court.
# # #
Tags See All Tags