- Download Adobe CC Master Collection (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Adobe Illustrator CS5
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Blender 2.6 Essential Training
- Discount - Lynda.com - Analyzing Your Web Site to Improve SEO
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCad Revit Architecture Suite 2012
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Google Analytics Essential Training
- 9.95$ Pixelmator MAC cheap oem
- 29.95$ MAMP Pro 3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2015 (32-bit)
- 149.95$ Corel Ventura 10 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft MapPoint 2013 Europe
|Iowans for Public School Options Supports Legislation Expanding School Choice|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Derek Flowers|
|Thursday, 19 January 2012 08:41|
Iowans to be offered greater choice in educationDes Moines, Iowa – Today, the Iowa Legislature will begin the process to debate the Governor's education transformation initiatives with a meeting of the subcommittee on HSB 517. Iowans for Public School Options offers support for HSB 517 and its Senate companion, SSB 3009, which would create expanded options in education to Iowa's students.
With initiatives such as greater access to charter schools, online education, and innovative learning models, this legislation gives parents the ability to choose a school that is the best fit for their children.
"Iowa has a tradition of pride in its quality public education system. Giving parents choice through public school options will help Iowa to once again be a leader in education and ensure every Iowa student is getting the best education available. We support the initiatives to expand school choice found in this legislation," said Brian Kennedy, Chairman of Iowans for Public School Options.
All across the country, state Legislatures are working this spring to allow high-quality options in education to become available to parents and students in their states. Allowing Iowa families access to these innovative models that have proven successful will continue to strengthen Iowa's public education system.
SSB 3009 and HSB 517 include initiatives to expand school choice:
• Creates pathways for students to access online education in Iowa
• Enables multiple authorizers for new charter schools across the state
• Increases waiver authority allowing schools to innovate and better serve students
About Iowans for Public School Options
Tags See All Tags