- 69.95$ Techsmith Camtasia Studio 7 cheap oem
- Buy Nuance OmniPage Professional 17 (en,de,fr)
- Discount - Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013
- 19.95$ Norton PartitionMagic 8.0 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Color
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 on Demand
- 79.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Filipino (Level 1, 2 Set) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Drupal 7: Reporting and Visualizing Data
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Access 2013 Essential Training
- Buy CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 Architect (en)
- Download Adobe Captivate CC
- Buy Nikon Capture NX 2 (en)
|Iowans Gather Across the State to Urge Sen. Grassley to Support Gun Violence Prevention Legislation, DAVENPORT/DES MOINES, MARCH 5&6|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Lauren Weiner|
|Tuesday, 05 March 2013 16:47|
Victims of Gun Violence, Law Enforcement, Elected Officials and Concerned Citizens Gather in Davenport, Des Moines to Urge Sen. Grassley to Support Gun Violence Prevention Legislation
Davenport/Des Moines, IA – Across Iowa, residents who are victims of gun violence, members of law enforcement who witness this violence all too often, elected officials and concerned citizens will gather outside the Davenport Police Department and outside the Federal Building to press Sen. Chuck Grassley to support gun violence prevention legislation. Sen. Grassley is a key vote on the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee which will be considering this legislation, including universal background checks, this week.
DAVENPORT, MARCH 5
Who: Davenport Mayor Bill Gluba, Police Chief Frank Donchez and other concerned citizens
What: Quad City effort to reduce gun violence. The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee will be considering legislation to require Universal Background Checks for all gun sales, and ban hundreds of military-style assault weapons and parts on Thursday, March 7th. Sen. Chuck Grassley is on the Judiciary committee and considered a key vote and Iowans are asking him to stand with the 88% of Iowans who feel stronger background checks are necessary by voting in favor of the pending legislation.
Where: Davenport Police Department, corner of 4th and Harrison, Davenport, IA
When: Tuesday, March 5 at 6 PM
DES MOINES, MARCH 6
Who: Former Lieutenant Governor Sally Pederson
Carmen Lampe Zeitler, Children and Families Urban Ministries
Pat Peterson, concerned grandmother
Where: 721 Federal Building, 210 Walnut Street, Des Moines, IA
When: Wednesday, March 6 at 4pm
A person is killed by guns in Iowa almost every day.
Iowa is not immune to daily acts of gun violence and serious gun crime.
Women and Children are regularly victims on gun violence.
Iowa’s gun safety ratings are weak.
Polls show that Iowans strongly support key gun violence prevention measures.
Tags See All Tags