- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Discount - Autodesk Inventor Publisher 2011
- 39.95$ Corel Motion Studio 3D cheap oem
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Adobe Contribute CS4 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Standard 2013 (32-bit)
- 149.95$ Adobe Audition CS6 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Macpaw CleanMyMac
- 19.95$ Aurora Media Workshop cheap oem
- Buy Omni Group OmniGraffle 5 Standard MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Designing a Magazine Layout
- 289.95$ Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5 cheap oem
- 149.95$ Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 MAC cheap oem
|Iowa's Largest Art Show Joins Butter Cow Celebration at the Iowa State Fair|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by readMedia|
|Tuesday, 09 August 2011 12:20|
DES MOINES, IA (08/08/2011)(readMedia)-- The Patty and Jim Cownie Cultural Center will be bursting with fine art at the 2011 Iowa State Fair. Home to Iowa's largest art show, the Cultural Center features sand sculptures, art activities, demonstrations and much more. As the Fair celebrates 100 years of the Butter Cow, art throughout the Cultural Center will pay tribute to Iowa's buttery icon August 11-21.
Sandscapes, a team of national, international and world champion sand sculptors, returns to the Cultural Center atrium to construct a Butter Cow-themed masterpiece. Watch the progress unfold as the team works throughout the Fair to complete the sculpture, showcasing their talents from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the atrium each day.
Stop by to see the outstanding art entered in this year's Fair. The state's largest art show will showcase exhibits in the areas of fine arts, photography, creative arts, wood projects and doll house and miniature room displays. Several special Butter Cow categories promise to provide creative commemorations of the world-renowned buttery bovine.Fairgoers can even let their creativity loose and try their hands at making art. Make and Take projects available in the Cultural Center include name bracelets, candles and blown glass ornaments. Youngsters will also have a special chance to make a masterpiece at Art Attack. Occurring daily from 1-5 p.m. in the courtyard, Art Attack features special arts and crafts activities for kids to make and then take home.
Live demonstrations and working exhibits also offer Fairgoers the opportunity to see art in action, with artists demonstrating such art forms as wood carving, cardboard art, charcoal portraits and many more.
For a complete schedule of activities in the Cultural Center, visit iowastatefair.org.
"Nothing Compares" to the 2011 Iowa State Fair, celebrating 100 years of the Butter Cow August 11-21. For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visitwww.iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags