- Buy OEM Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (64-bit)
- Discount - Avanquest PowerDesk Pro 7
- Buy OEM Paragon Drive Backup Professional 8.5
- Buy OEM Red Giant Bullet Suite 11 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Flash Professional CS6 New Features (en)
- Buy OEM Corel Painter 12
- Download Microsoft Office 2011 Home & Student MAC
- Buy Flash CS4 Professional Bible (en)
- Buy Cheap MathWorks MatLab R2010b
- Buy OEM Ashampoo WinOptimizer 4
- Download Aiseesoft iPad Video Converter 3 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Objective-C Essential Training (en)
- Buy Cakewalk Sonar 8 Producer Edition (en,fr,de,es,it)
- Download SnagIt 2.2 MAC
|Iowa's support for renewable fuels confirmed with new poll|
|News Releases - Science & Technology|
|Written by Jeremy Funk and Donnelle Eller|
|Friday, 22 August 2014 12:50|
Iowa's support for renewable fuels has been officially confirmed: 77 percent of registered voters surveyed said they support expanding the federal Renewable Fuel Standard to increase biodiesel in the fuel supply.
Sixty-nine percent said a congressional candidate's support for the mandate was an important factor in their voting decisions, the Iowa Biodiesel Board said today.
The renewable fuel standard requires ethanol and biodiesel to be blended into the U.S. fuel supply. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has proposed scaling back renewable fuel targets.
The group commissioned the questions as part of its annual public opinion research. A professional public opinion research firm, Moore Information, conducted the online survey of 517 registered voters. It took place the week of Aug. 11.
The study shows Iowans have a positive opinion about biodiesel in general, the board said. Additionally, after a series of questions on biodiesel, they were highly supportive of expanding the renewable fuel standard, the trade association said.
There are four U.S. House seats and one U.S. Senate seat up for election in Iowa."Many of our biodiesel businesses have the pressure of an uncertain market weighing heavily on them right now," said Grant Kimberley, executive director of the Iowa Biodiesel Board. "It is uplifting to know that Iowans are with us. They are behind strong federal policy to buoy this young industry in the torrents of the oil industry's opposition."
Tags See All Tags