- Discount - ActiveState Komodo IDE 5
- Discount - Lynda.com - Flash Professional CS6 New Features
- Buy OEM Adobe Visual Communicator 3
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn English (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2014 (64-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Flash Professional CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Discount - VMware Fusion 3 MAC
- Discount - Avid Media Composer 6 MAC (64 bit)
- Download Acala DivX to iPod
- 9.95$ Infinite Skills - Interactivity with HTML5 And CreateJS MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Blender 2.6 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Smith Micro Spring Cleaning 11 Deluxe MAC
- Download Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64-bit)
|Is Colonel Davenport's home haunted?|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by M. McNeil|
|Monday, 31 October 2011 14:39|
Rock Island Junior High afterschool students are going to try and figure out if Colonel Davenport’s home is really haunted
JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN--Students in the Lights on for Learning program at Edison Junior High are performing the play entitled, “IS THE JOINT HAUNTED?”, this Friday, October 28th at 1:45 pm in the school gym.
On July 4, 1845, Colonel George Davenport of Rock Island was murdered in his home by robbers looking for gold and paper money. The Davenport Mansion was the first fine home built in the area. In the years that followed, it fell into disrepair. Eventually the home was saved by a not-for-profit group, the Col. Davenport Historical Foundation, a group founded to save and restore the historic house. Because Davenport died a violent death, many have long wondered whether the house might be haunted. Recently, a local paranormal society decided to investigate.
This play is the story of how that investigation went and is written by local playwright, John O’Shea, a former Assistant States Attorney for Rock Island County and as Corporation Counsel for the City of Moline, IL. O'Shea is the author of thirteen published plays. He retired in January of 2000 after serving twenty six years on the bench. Don has been active in Community Theater since 1967, as an actor, singer, director, producer and playwright.
Since retirement from the bench, he has directed plays at Edison Jr. High School, and Alleman High School in Rock Island, IL; Seton Jr. High in Moline, IL; and at Sherrard High School, in Sherrard. He has also directed community theater at the Quad City Music Guild, and for the Riversong Players. Don is also a paid political op ed writer for the Moline Dispatch and Rock Island Argus newspapers, where his opinion pieces appear twice each month.
The media is invited to attend the play and interview O’Shea, the Lights ON students who participate in the after school drama club and their teachers.
WHO: Edison Junior High Lights ON Drama Club
WHAT: O’Shea play, “Is The Joint Haunted?”
WHEN: , Friday October 28, 2011 at 1:45 pm
WHERE: Edison Junior High 4141 9th Street Rock Island
Tags See All Tags