- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 MAC
- Buy Sony Vegas Pro 12 (en,fr,de,ja,es)
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 SP3
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop cheap oem
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop for Photographers: Portrait Retouching (en)
- 99.95$ Smith Micro Poser 8 MAC cheap oem
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Maya 2012
- Buy The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers (en)
- Discount - Adobe Illustrator CS5 on Demand
- Download Dreamweaver CS5 All-in-One For Dummies
- Download Sony Vegas Pro 9
- Download FL Studio 9 Producer XXL
|Is Colonel Davenport's home haunted?|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by M. McNeil|
|Monday, 31 October 2011 14:39|
Rock Island Junior High afterschool students are going to try and figure out if Colonel Davenport’s home is really haunted
JUST IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN--Students in the Lights on for Learning program at Edison Junior High are performing the play entitled, “IS THE JOINT HAUNTED?”, this Friday, October 28th at 1:45 pm in the school gym.
On July 4, 1845, Colonel George Davenport of Rock Island was murdered in his home by robbers looking for gold and paper money. The Davenport Mansion was the first fine home built in the area. In the years that followed, it fell into disrepair. Eventually the home was saved by a not-for-profit group, the Col. Davenport Historical Foundation, a group founded to save and restore the historic house. Because Davenport died a violent death, many have long wondered whether the house might be haunted. Recently, a local paranormal society decided to investigate.
This play is the story of how that investigation went and is written by local playwright, John O’Shea, a former Assistant States Attorney for Rock Island County and as Corporation Counsel for the City of Moline, IL. O'Shea is the author of thirteen published plays. He retired in January of 2000 after serving twenty six years on the bench. Don has been active in Community Theater since 1967, as an actor, singer, director, producer and playwright.
Since retirement from the bench, he has directed plays at Edison Jr. High School, and Alleman High School in Rock Island, IL; Seton Jr. High in Moline, IL; and at Sherrard High School, in Sherrard. He has also directed community theater at the Quad City Music Guild, and for the Riversong Players. Don is also a paid political op ed writer for the Moline Dispatch and Rock Island Argus newspapers, where his opinion pieces appear twice each month.
The media is invited to attend the play and interview O’Shea, the Lights ON students who participate in the after school drama club and their teachers.
WHO: Edison Junior High Lights ON Drama Club
WHAT: O’Shea play, “Is The Joint Haunted?”
WHEN: , Friday October 28, 2011 at 1:45 pm
WHERE: Edison Junior High 4141 9th Street Rock Island
Tags See All Tags