- 29.95$ Nero 10 Burning ROM cheap oem
- Buy Cheap MacPhun Intensify
- Buy OEM iA Writer MAC
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - iOS 5 SDK New Features cheap oem
- Download The Hidden Power of Blend Modes in Adobe Photoshop
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (32-bit)
- Discount - GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 14 MAC
- Download TamoSoft CommView 6 Full
- Download Lynda.com - PowerPoint 2013 Essential Training
- Buy Lynda.com - Joomla! 1.7: Programming and Packaging Extensions (en)
- Download ARTS PDF Aerialist
|Is Someone You Know in a Cult?|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Tuesday, 29 January 2013 14:46|
Survivor Shares 5 Warning Signs
The difference between “religion” and “cult” can often seem slight.
These days, many are apt to describe believers as one big community of faith, but the fact remains that there are very important differences among various belief systems, says Richard E. Kelly, a self-described “survivor” of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
“On the spectrum of faiths, I put the Watchtower Society – Jehovah’s Witnesses – closer to the (Charles) Manson Family cult than I do, say, the Lutheran Church,” says Kelly, www.richardekelly.com, author of “Growing Up in Mama’s Club – A Childhood Perspective of Jehovah’s Witnesses” and “The Ghosts from Mama’s Club.” The books detail his experiences growing up in a Jehovah’s Witnesses household, the ensuing family disharmony and how the cultish legacy contributed to his sister’s murder.
The following beliefs should be considered cult constructs, he says.
About Richard E. Kelly
Richard E. Kelly grew up as a member of Jehovah’s Witnesses. At 20, while working at the religion’s headquarters, he left the group to live with his wife, Helen, in New York City. Because Kelly’s family believed Armageddon was imminent, his education was limited to what was required by law, since there would be no future. However, he went on to earn a bachelor’s in accounting, a master’s in business and become president of a Michigan manufacturing company. He now enjoys retirement with his family and friends.
Tags See All Tags