- Buy Cheap Figure Drawing For Dummies
- 39.95$ Corel Digital Studio 2010 cheap oem
- 9.95$ ConeXware PowerArchiver 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Thegrideon Access Password Professional 2.0
- 219.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Algor Simulation Professional 2011
- Buy Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Home And Student with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,bg,el,et,hi,kk,lt,lv,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,uk)
- Buy OEM dtSearch Desktop 7
- Download iExplorer 3 MAC
- Buy TuneUp Utilities 2008 (en)
- Download Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3
- Download Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2012 (32-bit)
- 329.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
|ISE: Jan 17th. 2013." Two major underlying causes for the rape in India " essay by Narveen Aryaputri.|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Narveen Aryaputri|
|Monday, 14 January 2013 15:05|
Independent Scholars' Evenings:
" Rape as a means of Political Power Play:"
The evening will develop around the presentation: I
" The Two Major Underlying Causes For the abuse of women in India which need to be changed. "
Narveen Aryaputri. M.A. English Lit.; B.Ed.
Sub-title: The underlying causes for the frequency of rape: subjugation of women through the use of violence.
Rape has been used in extended history to subjugate people, both men and women.
What does this show of us, as civilized societies, when some scriptural texts clearly specify the humiliation of women? Rape, then, is not far behind
The question of subliminal influences of scriptural texts will be discussed.
The specific couplet demeaning women from the Bhagavad Gita, the philosophical scriptural text of India, will be quoted and highlighted. Does the Gita need to be " 21st. C updated " with an American version eliminating the offensive couplet? Other examples from the scriptural texts of India will be quoted and highlighted in the essay.
The discussion of the status of women in India is the current focus of the evolution in thought and behavior that we have been highlighting at the Institute for quite some time now. Ongoing focus continues as light challenges darkness on all fronts. We at the Institute believe we are in a ' paradigm shift' as Thomas Kuhn would say.
This is an awakening and a strengthening and new beginnings occur.
About the author:
Narveen has her M.A. In English Literature with a minor in 20th. c American Literature and her Bachelors in Eduction.
She is an essayist.
Narveen is the President of The Institute for Cultural and Healing Traditions, Ltd. which sponsors:
The Independent Scholars' Evenings and Integrative Wholistic Healing.
Phoenix Art Gallery
Moline Commercial Club.
doors open at 6.30
Please note: the sessions will continue with a variety of presentations and authors over the course of the year ahead.
light snacks and beverages are served.
1530 Fifth Avenue.
Moline. IL 61265
The Institute for Cultural and Healing Traditions, Ltd is a 501(c)3 organization at state and federal level since 1996.
The event is free and open to the public.
Tags See All Tags