- Buy OEM Adobe Audition CS5.5
- Buy Lynda.com - Narrative Portraiture: On Location in Texas (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2011
- Download Lynda.com - CSS Gradients
- Discount - Lynda.com - PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics
- 39.95$ AnyBizSoft PDF Converter MAC cheap oem
- Download Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- 99.95$ Microsoft Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (64-bit) cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Composition cheap oem
- Discount - Micromat TechTool Pro 7 MAC
- 289.95$ Autodesk Alias Design 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
|ISU Extension Plans Food Preservation Workshop and Pressure Canner Testing|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Joy Venhorst|
|Thursday, 16 June 2011 12:54|
Preserving the bounty of your garden harvest each fall can lead to enjoying the fruitsof your labor all winter long. It’s important to keep food safety in mind every step of the way. Home food preservation is not difficult but it does require following specific directions exactly. Always use tested recipes and directions from a reliable source. Ignoring recommended procedures can result in home canned products that will makeyou and your family very ill.
The workshop is intended for those wanting to learn how to safely preserve food and will also serve as a good refresher for those who have experience preserving food. The workshop is free and will cover canning, freezing, drying, pickling and making jams and jellies.
Pressure canner gauge testing will be from Noon – 2 p.m. at the same location. Pressure canners with a dial-type pressure gauge should be tested each year for accuracy. To have a dial-gauge tested, bring the canner lid only – the entire canneris not needed. It is not necessary to test weighted or rocker-type pressure regulators because they cannot be adjusted and will usually remain accurate.
Participants will receive current ISUE food preservation publications and additional research based resources will be on display.
Tags See All Tags