- 89.95$ Adobe InDesign CS5 cheap oem
- 319.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - Object-Oriented Programming with PHP
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard Student and Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy BeLight Software Printfolio MAC (en,fr,de,es)
- Download Telestream Flip4Mac WMV Player Pro
- Discount - Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Exposure
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection MAC (en,ja,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Premiere Pro CS6 Essential Training
- Download Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (32-bit)
- Buy OEM iExplorer 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Audition CS6
|It’s a 1912 Girl’s Life to be held at Brucemore|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Tara Richards|
|Wednesday, 06 June 2012 13:36|
Event to feature activities from 100 years ago
Brucemore and Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois will host “It’s a 1912 Girl’s Life” on Monday, June 11, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Brucemore, 2160 Linden Drive SE, Cedar Rapids.
Find out what it was like to be a girl living in the year Girl Scouts was established, while discovering more about the history of the Brucemore estate. In 1912, the Douglas family, including daughters Margaret, Ellen, and Barbara, called the mansion home. While they lived there, they tripled the property size and added a carriage house, guesthouse, servants’ duplex, greenhouse, bookbindery/squash court and playhouse. It became a wonderland for the Douglas children.
Bring lunch in a pail to eat on the Brucemore lawn, play 1912 games, create 1912 crafts, and explore the 26-acre estate.
Cost is $10 for registered Girl Scouts. The cost to join is $12. To register, visit www.GirlScoutsToday.org/
About Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois
Founded in 1912, Girl Scouts of the USA is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls with 3.2 million girl and adult members worldwide. Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois has 19,000 girl members and 4,500 adult members in 38 counties. To learn more, visit www.GirlScoutsToday.org.
About BrucemoreBrucemore is Iowa’s only National Trust Historic Site. The 26-acre park-like estate in the heart of Cedar Rapids boasts a Queen Anne style mansion built between 1884 and 1886. Brucemore has been home to three prominent families who used the estate as a center for culture and the arts. The estate continues to be a hub for cultural, philanthropic, and educational activities. Each year thousands of visitors attend specialty tours, concerts, fine arts performances, children’s programs, holiday celebrations, preservation events, and garden workshops on the estate. For more information, call (319) 362-7375 or visit www.brucemore.org.
Tags See All Tags