- Discount - Nuance PaperPort Professional 11.1
- 49.95$ Altova StyleVision Enterprise 2009 cheap oem
- Download ZoneAlarm Pro 9
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - After Effects Apprentice 15: Creating a Sports Opening Title
- Buy OEM CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (32-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3Ds Max 2008
- Discount - Mindjet MindManager 8 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Illustrator CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- 9.95$ Excel 2010 For Dummies Quick Reference cheap oem
- Buy PCTools Spyware Doctor® 2010 for Windows® (en)
- Discount - Ashampoo Powerup 3
|John Wayne Birthday Celebration May 23-24, 2014|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Jill Hauser|
|Thursday, 24 April 2014 09:05|
Winterset, Iowa: With construction underway on the long-awaited John Wayne Birthplace Museum, Duke's hometown is buzzing with anticipation. To kick off the project the entire community is joining together in presenting the 2014 John Wayne Birthday Celebration May 23 & 24. New to this year's lineup will be a Rodeo/Western Swing Dance on May 23 (admission $15 individually or $25 combined) and special appearances by screen star Lana Wood, who played young Debbie in the acclaimed motion picture classic, "The Searchers." Also new this year, the Iowa Cowboy Mounted Shooters Association present two shows where mounted contestants compete in a timed event using .45 caliber single-action revolvers. And authors Lana Wood and John Wayne's daughter Aissa Wayne will join New York Times best-selling authors Scott Eyman and Glenn Frankel in a book symposium to discuss their block-buster books on John Wayne and director John Ford.
Continuing event favorites are free screenings of classic John Wayne movies at the vintage Iowa Theater, this year featuring "The Searchers," "Stagecoach" and "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance." Visitors may also enjoy a Fireman's Pancake Breakfast, a 5K run/walk, Pie Squared dessert tasting and tours of Madison County's legendary Covered Bridges (nominal charges for each).
The exciting Birthplace Museum Benefit Dinner takes place Saturday evening at 5pm where guests will enjoy a meal along with music, celebrities and an auction of John Wayne collectibles and memorabilia hosted by the actor's daughter Aissa Wayne. Reservations are $125 per person.
Tags See All Tags