Jordan Catholic School has been fund raising for several months to build a classroom addition to the elementary school building at 2901 24th Street, Rock Island, housing all Jordan students (PreK-8) on one campus. $1.8 million dollars of the $2.6 million goal has been raised to date.
This is an exciting time for the entire Jordan community, as well as the surrounding area, as the dream of an expanded, unified campus becomes a reality! The school addition plan includes:
Phase 1 - School Addition & Renovation - $2.6 million
• Four new Middle School Classrooms added, wired for technology teaching
• Computer Technology, Engineering, and Science Labs
• New Music and Art Rooms with Instrument/Supply Storage
• New Multi-Purpose Room for Early Childhood PE and sports practice
• Renovation of former Kindergarten for an expanded Library
• Courtyard with rain garden for enhanced outdoor education
• New building access security system and fire alarm system, throughout all school buildings
Construction will begin in May with an estimated completion date of January, 2012.
A Ground-breaking Ceremony will be held at 1:00pm on Friday May 6th in front of the school at 2901 24th St., RI, immediately preceding the school Walk-a-thon. Students & Staff will be dressed in brightly colored walk-a-thon t-shirts.
Welcome: Mike Daly, Principal
Opening Prayer: Rev. Tony Ego, St. Ambrose, Milan
“I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever”: Led by Julie Bushre, Music Teacher
Recognition of Naming Rights: Rev. Michael Schaab, St. Pius X, RI
Remarks: Bob & Marilyn Noe, General Chairs
Blessing of the Site: Rev. Greg Jozifiak, St. Mary/Sacred Heart, RI
Remarks: Vern Wegerer, General Chair
Groundbreaking: Mike Daly
Remarks: Mike & Karen Mihm, Parent Committee
Closing Prayer: Rev. Stephen Engelbrecht, St. Patrick, Andalusia
AMERICA (My Country Tis Of Thee): All (one verse)