- Buy Solidworks 2012 Premium (64-bit) (en,cs,fr,de,it,ja,ko,pl,pt,ru,es,tr)
- Buy Sony Vegas Pro 11 (32-bit) (en,fr,de,ja,es)
- Download FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced
- Buy OEM Project 2010 For Dummies
- Buy OEM Sony ACID Music Studio 9
- 199.95$ Red Giant Effects Suite 11 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Download Pixologic ZBrush 4 MAC
- Discount - Adobe Acrobat X Suite
- Discount - Lynda.com - Narrative Portraiture: On Location in Texas
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium MAC
- 259.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3d 2010 cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processing cheap oem
- Buy OEM iExpert Registry Clean Expert 4.58
|JUNE AT THE CORALVILLE CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS: DANCE, MUSIC, OGRES, AND MORE!|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Coralville Arts|
|Friday, 31 May 2013 12:15|
The Coralville Center for the Performing Arts stage will feature a variety of events in June 2013, giving members of the community many opportunities to participate in performances and enjoy cultural offerings. Highlights include a free performance by violinist Tricia Park and pianist Conor Hanick on June 4; a production of Shrek: The Musical featuring more than 60 local teens; and Steinway artist Dan Knight’s Iowa Farewell Concert.
The schedule includes:
· Nolte Academy presents Jet Set, the dance school’s spring recitals. Performances Friday, May 31 at 5:30pm and 7:30pm; Saturday, June 1 at 10am, 2pm, and 6:30pm; and Sunday, June 2 at 2pm and 6:30pm. Tickets are $14; $10 for children ages 3-12.
· Tricia Park, violin and Conor Hanick, piano, present Leon Kirchner’s Duo No. 2 for Violin and Piano on Tuesday, June 4 at 7:30pm. This recital is free and open to the public. This voluptuous and passionate composition was commissioned in memory of the great violinist and pedagogue Felix Galimir, and is being performed by Park and Hanick at the request of Judy and Richard Hurtig, who co-commissioned the work in their uncle’s memory.
· City Circle Acting Company of Coralville presents Shrek: The Musical June 14-16. Based on the 2001 DreamWorks film, this musical is part romance, part twisted fairy tale, and all irreverent fun for the whole family! This production features more than 60 local teen performers, directed by Chris Okiishi. Performances are Friday, June 14 at 7:30pm, Saturday, June 15 at 2pm and 7:30pm, and Sunday, June 16 at 2pm. Tickets are $12-$27.
· Composer and pianist Dan Knight will present an evening of jazz to benefit the Crisis Center Food Bank on Tuesday, June 25 at 7:30pm. Knight will be leaving Iowa to take a full-time faculty position at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte this summer, so this will be his “Farewell Concert” and will feature percussionist Nick George, bassist Scott Barnum, and vocalist Marcia Hughes. Tickets are $10.
· Step on the stage on Saturday, June 29 for an Impromptu Summer Cabaret, beginning at 7:30pm. Participants are welcome to bring a song to sing or play, a work to read, a poem to recite, or to simply watch the impromptu performance. $5 suggested donation at the door.
Further information on these events and details on other upcoming events are available at CoralvilleArts.org.
Tickets for most CCPA events are available by phone at 319.248.9370, online at CoralvilleArts.org, and in person at the CCPA box office at 1301 5th Street and Coralville Recreation Center at 1506 8th Street.
Owned and operated by the City of Coralville, the Coralville Center for the Performing Arts is dedicated to enriching the community and contributing to the vitality of Coralville by offering an accessible, affordable venue for a variety of performances, presentations, and public and private events. The 472 seat theater opened August 26, 2011 and has hosted performances from City Circle Acting Company, Orchestra Iowa, Cedar Rapids Opera Theatre, Dan Knight, Lola Astanova, Lorie Line, Judy Carmichael, Jim McDonough, Nolte Academy of Dance, and many others. Coralville schools are also able to use the Center free of charge up to three times per year; 13 school events took place at the Center in 2012. The Center was named 2012 Member of the Year by the Iowa City/Coralville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau.###
Tags See All Tags