- Discount - Steinberg Cubase 5
- Download iA Writer MAC
- Discount - ABBYY FineReader 8 Express Edition MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP
- Discount - Lynda.com - Ruby Essential Training
- Buy proDAD Mercalli 3 SAL (32-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12 MAC
- Download Corel Designer Technical Suite X4
- 99.95$ Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 cheap oem
- Discount - proDAD Mercalli 3 SAL (64-bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (64 bit) (en)
- Buy Cheap Cultured Code Things MAC
- Download Acala DVD iPod Ripper
|KAABA SHRINERS RECYCLE TABS TO HELP WITH THE COST OF CHILDREN'S CARE|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Rick Martin|
|Wednesday, 23 April 2014 15:07|
The Kaaba Shriners are in their 24th year of collecting the little tabs off of soda pop and beer cans to raise money to help with the expenses of caring for children with orthopedic injuries, diseases, and birth defects.
Based in Davenport but with membership throughout southeastern Iowa and western Illinois, the Kaaba Shriners are also known for their parade participation, circuses and other community events in addition to their support of the network of hospitals and their care for children.
Noble Jack Stamm, PP, began the tab collections in 1990 by turning in the tabs as scrap aluminum and using the money received to help with patient expenses. So far in 2014, the local Shriners have collected over 1,900 pounds of tabs which has netted them $944.70. And it takes 1,267 of those little tabs just to make a pound! Since the inception of this program, they've recycled 378,432 pounds for a whopping total of $202,194.67! That works out to almost one half billion tabs, all of it to aid in the care of children!
Pretty soon when you think of the Shriners you'll think hospitals, circuses, parades and those little aluminum tabs. For more information on the tabs project, to make a donation of tabs, or for information on the Kaaba Shriners in general, please contact them at 563-386-2526.
Tags See All Tags