- Buy OEM Corel Paint it
- Download ABBYY FineReader 8 Express Edition MAC
- 319.95$ Autodesk AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012
- Buy Cheap TamoSoft CommView For WiFi 6 Full
- 149.95$ Adobe Flash Professional CC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Swedish (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Showcase 2009
- Buy Lynda.com - HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth (en)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition (en,de,es,it,pt,nl,sv,fr)
- Buy Cheap QuarkXpress 8 MAC
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3d 2010 (en)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop MAC
|Keeping Funeral Costs Affordable|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Steve Burke|
|Monday, 14 January 2013 15:04|
By Jason Alderman
Anyone who's put a loved one to rest knows that death is not cheap. According to the National Funeral Directors Association, the average adult funeral cost $6,560 in 2009 (their most current data). That doesn't include such common add-ons as a cemetery plot, headstone, flowers, obituaries and limousine, which can add thousands to the bill.
Because death is a frequently avoided topic, many people aren't armed with information about the many variables – and costs – involved in planning a funeral. Thus, just when survivors are grieving and most vulnerable, they're bombarded by decisions that must be made quickly, often without even knowing what their loved one would have wanted.
The key message for the living is to decide on preferred funeral arrangements ahead of time and to convey those wishes to your family – ideally in your will.
Another important lesson: Know your legal rights and what funeral-related goods and services cost so you – or your survivors – don't feel pressured into buying things you don't want or need. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) oversees "The Funeral Rule," which regulates how funeral providers must deal with consumers. Among its provisions:
If your beliefs don't require following specific funeral protocols, here are a few ways to reduce costs while still honoring the deceased and their survivors:
The death of a loved one is always upsetting, but you may be able to ease your family's emotional and financial burdens by planning ahead.
Tags See All Tags