- Discount - Macware Logo Design Studio Pro 1.5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat X Pro MAC
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn French (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM Boris FX 9.2
- Download Microsoft Publisher 2013
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2014 (64-bit) (en)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Russian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Up and Running with PHP: PEAR, PECL, and Composer
- Discount - Autodesk Combustion 2008 MAC
|Labor Day Overshadows Jury Rights Day|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Michael Elliott|
|Tuesday, 13 September 2011 09:30|
The first Monday of September is always Labor Day which happens to be September 5th this year. Well, September 5th also happens to be Jury Rights Day. in commemoration of the William Penn case in 1670 which firmly established protection for the jury, and firmly established the right of the jurors to refuse to accept bad government laws. Labor Day tends to be more commonly recognized by Americans than Jury Rights Day. Labor Day is so popular with Americans, that there is sure to be a parade in town somewhere celebrating the holiday.
Members of the local Ron Paul meetup and the local Fully Informed Jury Association (FIJA) are teaming up together to educate the large crowds that will be gathered together to watch East Moline's Labor Day parade this morning from 11AM – 1PM. The group will be both promoting Ron Paul for President and promoting Jury Rights Day via banners and signs. Although Labor Day overshadows Jury Rights Day, the groups believe this provides for a unique opportunity to promote the importance of jury rights in our system of government.
Rafe Thrasher, a Ron Paul supporter in Illinois said, “Ron Paul is a huge promoter and educator of jury rights, so it makes sense that we join forces with the local Fully Informed Jury Association (FIJA) and help them promote Jury Rights Day in a Labor Day parade.” The members of either group are brought together through the Illinois Liberty Alliance and can be contacted through the SuperLiberty.com website.
###Iowans For Accountability (IFA) is fighting to hold politicians accountable to we the people, and make sure government works for all of us, not just wealthy special interests and the well-connected. IFA is a Non-Party Political Organization (NPPO) that actively supports or opposes ballot issues or candidates, regardless of party affiliation and when necessary, IFA runs its own candidates. Michael D. Elliott is the IFA Chairman. Website: www.ScottcountyIFA.com
Tags See All Tags