- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit)
- Discount - Macrabbit CSSEdit 2 MAC
- Buy Cheap Steinberg Nuendo 4.3
- Buy Cheap 1Click DVD Copy Pro 4
- Buy Dreamweaver CS4 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Pro Tools 11 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) (cs,da,de,en,es,fi,fr,he,hu,it,ja,ko,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv,tr,ar,bg,el,et,hi,kk,lt,lv,ro,sk,sl,sr,th,uk)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2015 (32-bit)
- 79.95$ Microsoft Office InfoPath 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn French (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- 19.95$ EFD HD Tune Professional cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - XHTML and HTML Essential Training
|Lack of Oversight at International Trade Commission|
|News Releases - Business, Economy & Finance|
|Written by Grassley Press|
|Monday, 01 November 2010 12:36|
Grassley Releases Report on Lack of Inspector General Oversight
at the International Trade Commission
WASHINGTON – Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa today released a new Government Accountability Office (GAO) report on the lack of Inspector General (IG) oversight at the International Trade Commission (ITC). Although, the Inspector General Act requires that agencies appoint an IG to detect waste, fraud, and abuse, the ITC failed to fill the position for more than four years. Instead, the GAO report found, ITC relied on "acting" and "temporary" appointments for most of the period between November 2005 and December 2009. For 17 months during that time, ITC operated with neither an acting nor a temporary IG, according to the GAO report.
“Agencies need to understand that Inspector General oversight is not optional," Grassley said. "The law requires that they have an IG on the job and that the IG be given the resources and access to information necessary to do the job. The ITC needs to finish implementing the GAO’s recommendations for corrective action as soon as possible to ensure that there is adequate oversight of the agency from now on.”
GAO also found that the ITC failed to support the temporary and acting IGs with policies and procedures to ensure access to agency records. The ITC failed to provide notice and coordination with the temporary IG on a criminal referral to the Justice Department. And, the ITC kept the IG’s budget flat while its own budget increased by 23 percent.
Grassley is ranking member of the Committee on Finance, with jurisdiction over international trade, and a long-time advocate for inspectors general.
The GAO report on the ITC is available here.
Tags See All Tags