- Discount - Avanquest PowerDesk Pro 7
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS3 Photographers Guide (en)
- Discount - Aurora Media Workshop
- 29.95$ Adobe Premiere Elements 4 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Italian (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 Set) MAC
- Download Sony DVD Architect Pro 5
- 99.95$ Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student Family Pack with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Xilisoft CD Ripper
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2014 (64-bit) (de,en,fr,it,ko)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS Positioning Best Practices
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning SolidWorks 2013
- Download Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
|Lance Armstrong at the Figge’s Free Admission Weekend|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Thursday, 28 July 2011 12:36|
(Davenport, IA) - The Quad-City Times will sponsor a free admissions weekend at the Figge Art Museum Friday, July 29 through Sunday, July 31. While Lance Armstrong is not scheduled to make an appearance at the RAGBRAI finish line, visitors to the Downtown Davenport Street Fest are invited to seeLance Armstrong at the Figge for free during the Bix7/RAGBRAI weekend. Lance Armstrong, a photo of Armstrong nude on his bike taken by famed photographer Annie Leibovitz in 1999, is currently on view in the Figge lobby. The Figge’s Bix7/RAGBRAI weekend events will also include a free Spin Art activity on the Plaza from 5-7 p.m. on Friday, July 29 and from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, July 31. The museum will lead a free guided tour of The Art of Seating on Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
The Figge Museum currently features three special exhibitions, in addition to works in the permanent collection. The Art of Seating: 200 Years in American Chair Design includes more than 40 distinctive chairs selected from the Jacobsen American Chair Collection. Intriguing Images: Docent Picks from the Figge Collection features works popular with Figge visitors and docent and the exhibition Water Views from the Figge Collection explores and celebrates the beauty and diversity of water.
The permanent collection now showcases Pleasures from a Country Life, a new gallery installation featuring selections from the John Deere Art Collection. Recent changes to the permanent collection also include the installation The American West as a Myth, which highlights the Figge’s Western Collection, and The Spirit of Haitian Art, which showcases the Figge’s impressive Haitian Collection.
The free admission weekend is great opportunity for families, visitors, and locals to escape the head and explore the museum during the downtown festivities. For more information contact the Figge Art Museum at 563.326.7804.
The Art of Seating is developed by the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville and the Jacobsen Collection of American Art; tour organized by International Arts & Artists, Washington, D.C. and sponsored locally by Sears Manufacturing, Paragon Commercial Interiors, Inc., and Rick Bowers.
Tags See All Tags