- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter (64 bit) (en)
- Buy Dreamweaver CS5: The Missing Manual (en)
- Buy Autodesk Navisworks Manage 2012 (32-bit) (en,fr,it,de,ru,ja,ch,pt,kr)
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Irish (Level 1) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Hebrew (Level 1, 2 Set)
- Buy Adobe Audition CS5.5 (cs,da,de,en,es,fr,it,ja,no,nl,pl,pt,ro,sv,tr)
- 79.95$ Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sr,sl,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Discount - Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (64-bit)
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010
- Buy Cheap Corel Painter X
- Download Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop CS4
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium (en,ja)
|Landscape: Ingalena Klenell and Beth Lipman|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Thursday, 13 February 2014 10:36|
Davenport, Iowa (February 12, 2014) – A floor-to-ceiling curtain of sculpted and fused clear glass will be on display at the Figge Art Museum beginning Saturday. Landscape: Ingalena Klenell and Beth Lipman is on loan to the Figge from the Museum of Glass in Tacoma, Washington and will be on view in the second floor print gallery.
The exhibition is a collaboration between artists Ingalena Klenell of Sweden and Beth Lipman of Wisconsin in which pieces of glass are suspended from the ceiling and rise up from the floor to create a translucent landscape curtain. Their use of transparent glass emphasizes the romanticism inherent in 19th century landscapes, as well as the fragility of nature as we understand it today.
Showcasing cutting edge technology, Landscape is unique in the world of glass. “We are thrilled to have this extraordinary exhibition at the Figge and are eager for people to see it in person to fully appreciate all the intricate details and remarkable talent on display,” said Executive Director Tim Schiffer.
Both artists will be in the Quad Cities on February 20 and visitors are invited to the museum for a FREE Gallery Talk at 7 p.m. to hear first-hand the techniques used to create Landscape.
Sponsored locally by Andy & Debi Butler, Cottingham & Butler and SISCO, the exhibition will be on display through May 25, 2014.
Landscape Member Reception and Gallery Talk
Thursday, February 20
FREE Family Day
10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, February 22
$5 Burger baskets, Dining Room
Kids and their big people can explore the amazing world of art through video and glass!
Landscape Exhibition Tours
1:30 p.m. Saturdays • March 1, 15
1:30 p.m. Sundays • March 2, 23
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags