- Download Adobe Captivate 5.5
- Discount - Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Up And Running With Tumblr
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy Cheap Omni Group OmniFocus 2 Pro MAC
- 39.95$ Corel Motion Studio 3D cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 New Features
- Discount - QuarkXpress 8 MAC
- Buy Cheap Macx Video Converter Pro MAC
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Latin America) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set)
- Buy OEM ABest Video to RM RMVB SWF FLV Converter
- Discount - Lynda.com - SQL Server: Triggers, Stored Procedures, and Functions
- 19.95$ PCTools Spyware Doctor 5.5 cheap oem
- Discount - Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - Microsoft Streets & Trips 2010
|Library of Congress to Offer Junior Fellows Summer Internships|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Audrey Fischer|
|Monday, 22 March 2010 08:21|
A 1705 emblem book created for Peter the Great, a 19th-century Buddhist monastic code of discipline, a first edition of Dostoyevsky’s “The Possessed” and George Gershwin’s song-book were among the treasures uncovered by the 2009 class of Junior Fellows Summer Interns, who located them among the copyright deposits and gifts that have come into the nation's library.
This summer the Library of Congress is once again offering special 10-week paid internships to college students. For a stipend of $3,000, the 2010 class of Junior Fellows Summer Interns will work full-time from June 7 through Aug. 13 with Library specialists to inventory, describe, and explore collection holdings and to assist with digital preservation outreach activities throughout the Library. The focus of the program is on increasing access to collections and awareness of the Library’s digital preservation programs by making them better known and accessible to researchers including scholars, students, teachers and the general public.
The interns will be exposed to a broad spectrum of library work: preservation, reference, access standards and information management. The program is made possible through the generosity of the late Mrs. Jefferson Patterson and the James Madison Council.
In addition to the stipend (paid in bi-weekly segments), interns will be eligible to take part in programs offered at the Library. Interns are temporary employees of the Library, and as such are not eligible for federal employee benefits and privileges.
The Library of Congress is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, minorities and persons with disabilities who meet eligibility requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1800, the Library of Congress is the nation’s oldest federal cultural institution. The Library seeks to spark imagination and creativity and to further human understanding and wisdom by providing access to knowledge through its magnificent collections, programs and exhibitions. Many of the Library’s rich resources can be accessed through its website at www.loc.gov and via interactive exhibitions on a personalized website at myLOC.gov.
# # #
Tags See All Tags