Since Valentine’s Day falls on Thursday, a school night, local businesses that cater to the family are especially feeling the love this year. Papa Murphy’s, (the fifth largest pizza chain in the nation) is swamped with cheesy Valentine’s orders for their HeartBaker™ - a pizza in the form of a heart. In fact, V-Day is a heart stopper for sure - one of the busiest pizza days of the year! We’d love to have you come out to a Papa Murphy’s in our area this week to show how we make the HeartBaker™ - a perfect gift for the entire family!
You could cover this as part of a bigger story on how local businesses are swamped with V-Day orders – (businesses like Papa Murphy’s, florists, card shops, candy stores, jewelry shops).
Papa Murphy’s Difference:
Papa Murphy’s is so successful on Valentine’s Day because the company capitalizes on the new trend of staying home with the family on Valentine’s Day – especially when it falls on a school night. In a recent survey, 90% of women with children say they’re happy to spend V-Day at home with the kids. 62% say the high prices and big crowds deter them from going out on Valentine’s Day. At Papa Murphy’s, you pick your own fresh ingredients and take the HeartBaker™ home to bake in your own oven – vs. - going out or waiting for the pizza boy with a cold delivery. Papa Murphy’s brings families together through food, people and love.
CUPID WANTS YOUR DOUGH (Crazy Facts about Valentine’s Day Spending)
Did you know On Valentine’s Day -
• Spending is expected to reach more than $17 billion nationwide
• 141 million cards are exchanged worldwide – (second to only Christmas in card sales)
• The average consumer will spend $126
• Men spend double what women spend - $168 compared to $85
• 85% of women prefer quality time with their significant other instead of a gift
• 52% of women say they feel guilty if their significant other spends too much on a V- Day gift
• Half of women say they would end the relationship if their significant other forgot V-Day
• 198 million roses bought on V-Day (mostly red)
• Folks will spend $1.7 billion on followers - 73% bought by men, 27% by women
• 8 billion candy hearts will be produced - enough to be laid out from Rome, Italy to Valentine, Arizona – 20 times and back again
• 11% of Americans will get engaged on V-Day
So don’t be a heart breaker!! Come out and show how we make the HEARTBAKER! I’ve enclosed a press release with OTHER heart-shaped VALENTINE’S gift ideas and would love to help you tell this story.