- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium MAC (de,en,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
- Download Lynda.com - InDesign CS6 New Features
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Parallels Desktop 7 MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Excel 2013 Power Shortcuts (en)
- Download Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Type Essentials
- Discount - Intuit Quicken 2008 Home & Business
- Buy OEM Hazel 3
|LOCAL CHURCH CONNECTION HOSTS BLOCK PARTY IN CONJUNCTION WITH SCHOOL SUPPLY GIVEAWAY|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Jason Holtgrewe|
|Thursday, 12 July 2012 13:55|
On July 21, 2012, Connection Church throws a party. In effort to build neighborhood community and to help kids in need, Connection will host a Block Party featuring free food, fun games, and a school supply giveaway.
At 4pm the party begins with free food and exciting games. Two inﬂatable bouncers, a dunk tank, a photo booth and other games, as well as a free rafﬂe for an iPod and passes to Splash Landing and Niabi Zoo will provide a fun, family-friendly evening. Walking tacos, popcorn, and snow cones will be available for free to eat.
Besides having fun, the Block Party will be an opportunity to give backpacks and school supplies to kids in need. Last year’s party saw 40 kids receive backpacks and school supplies; this year, the goal is to give away even more.
Jason Holtgrewe, a pastor at Connection, believes the Block Party is a great way to help those in need. “Not only is this party a way to bring neighbors together for a little fun, it’s also an opportunity to be there for others,” says Jason. “There are more families in our city than we realize who need help meeting the ﬁnancial demands of another school year.”
Quad City families wanting school supplies are encouraged to call Connection at 563-355-0919 before the day of the party. Those who don’t call can still receive supplies, but please know, they’ll be handed out on a ﬁrst-come, ﬁrst-served basis.
Tags See All Tags