- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Wedding Photography for Everyone: Bridal Portraits
- Discount - Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced MAC
- Buy OEM Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (64-bit)
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Hebrew (Level 1, 2 Set) MAC
- Discount - PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- 179.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium MAC cheap oem
- Buy Acala DVD Ripper Professional 5 (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Arobas Music Guitar Pro 5
- 29.95$ Nik Software HDR Efex Pro cheap oem
- Buy Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced MAC (en)
- Buy Lynda.com - Analyzing Your Web Site to Improve SEO (en)
|Local Diner Makes Healthier, Local Changes to Menu|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Melissa Freidhof-Rodgers|
|Friday, 30 November 2012 16:07|
For over 72 years, Ross’ Restaurant has been a local tradition and landmark in Bettendorf, Iowa. It has stood the test of time, and has been in the national spotlight more than once with visits from politicians, actors, and athletes. Now, Ross’ is gaining recognition once again, for a healthy change to their popular “diner” menu.
Best known for their Magic Mountains and plate sized cinnamon rolls, Ross’ Restaurant has been making some changes over the past 3 years. In an effort to serve healthier food, and to support local Iowa farmers, Ross’ has been going local! With local produce, breads, organic eggs, and ground beef already on their menu, now Ross’ is adding local sausage and bacon.
“We’ve partnered with a 7th generation family sausage company to bring in their all natural, certified gluten free sausage which only contains three ingredients: salt, spices, and pork.” Says Melissa Freidhof-Rodgers, manager of Ross’ Restaurant and granddaughter of Harold Ross, the original restaurant owner. “Our customers are like family to us, and it give us great joy to be able to offer them healthier choices while also supporting our hard working local Iowa farmers and local economy.”
“Many of our customer’s are noticing the difference in taste and love the idea of local supporting local. When they find out the food they are eating today is healthier than it used to be, we tell them to consider it our gift to them!” Says Ms. Freidhof-Rodgers. Customers all seem to agree that the change is good and the food tastes better than ever.
Other changes Ross’ restaurant has made to their menu include chicken and milk that are hormone and antibiotic free, free-range bison burgers, and hand made burgers from ground beef that is delivered fresh from a local packer six days a week. Enjoy bacon or sausage with your breakfast? Now Ross’ has a third choice: soy based Morningstar Patties and even all natural turkey sausage.
To celebrate their healthier menu, and to support the local farmers with whom they have partnered, Ross’ is hosting an open house and sausage tasting on December 1st. Free samples will be available from 9 a.m. To 11 a.m. and customers will be invited to stop in and taste for themselves the new versions of some old favorites on the menu.
Tags See All Tags