Independent Scholars Evenings: November 8th. 2012 @ 7.00 p.m.
"MARKETING FOR NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS"
Presented by Hanford Integrated Marketing, Geneseo, IL
This presentation is an overview of marketing for nonprofit organizations, including the following topics:
· What is the ideal definition of marketing for a nonprofit organization?
· How are nonprofit organizations different than for profit organizations?
· What are relationship, integrated, and constituency marketing?
· The Du Page Symphony, Naperville, IL
· St. Timothy Lutheran Church, Naperville, IL
· District 203 Gifted Education Advisory Board, Naperville, IL
· Cub Scout Pack 567, Naperville, IL
· The Quad City Wind Ensemble, Davenport, IA.
Susan encourages others to bring in experiences or questions from other nonprofit organizations to add to the discussion.
Susan has a BA from Augustana College in math/computer science and education, a secondary teaching certificate in mathematics, and an MBA from Northwestern University (Kellogg) as an Austin Scholar (top 5%) in marketing and policy & environment with a focus on the nonprofit sector. Her background includes working for Fortune 100 companies in systems programming, applications programming, marketing, and strategic planning. She has also taught and/or tutored in math, physics, chemistry, Microsoft Office, Internet skills, and the French horn.
She has served as a volunteer, consultant, employee, board member, marketing director, and chairperson for many nonprofit organizations in education, social services, the church, and the arts. Since 1993, Susan has worked in marketing consulting for nonprofit organizations in Naperville, IL and the IL/IA Quad City Area.
Independent Scholars' Evenings are held at The Moline Commercial Club. 1530 Fifth. Avenue. At 7.00 p.m every week. Doors open at 6.30 p.m. The evenings are free and open to the public. Business Dress Code is required. Beverages and snacks are served.
These Evenings are sponsored by the Institute for Cultural and Healing Traditions, ltd. a 501(c)3 organization at Federal level under the laws of the United States. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permissiable by law.