Downtown Davenport, Iowa, sparkles during the annual Quad City Arts Festival of Trees at the RiverCenter from Nov. 21-30. Festival of Trees features many beautiful, uniquely designed trees, stunning designer displays, handcrafted stockings and ornaments, a variety of miniature designs, special events, model train display, gingerbread village, and the North Pole children's activity center. Don’t miss the magic!
There are additional ticketed events that happen in conjunction with the Festival of Trees. There is the Silver Bell Social for seniors, Grand Premiere Party, Sizzlin' Soiree for a girls night out, Sugarplum Ball for dads and daughters, Celebrity Lunch, Jingle Jam teen dance, and Family Days for military families. The Afternoon Adventure is a new children’s event to have fun in the frozen winter wonderland.
The Festival of Trees Holiday Parade on Saturday, Nov. 22 features over 20 large helium-filled character balloons, marching bands, the Distinguished Clown Corps, and participation from over 50 organizations. There are more balloons than Macy's! The parade begins at 10:30 a.m. and goes through the streets of downtown Davenport.
Come to the John Deere Commons in downtown Moline, Illinois, on Nov. 22 and enjoy the free Lighting on the Commons ceremony from 3:30-6:30 p.m. Take a horse-drawn wagon ride; meet Santa and Mrs. Claus; listen to carolers; and warm-up with hot cocoa and cookies. Join in the festivities as nearly 1/2 million lights and fireworks brighten the skies at 5:45 p.m.
Back by popular demand, Cirque de la Symphonie returns for this year's Holiday Pops at the Adler Theatre in Davenport on Nov. 21-22 at 8 p.m. The Holiday Pops includes three performances, including a matinee performance at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday perfect for the whole family. Artists include aerial flyers, acrobats, contortionists, dancers, and more. Performances also include the Quad City Symphony Orchestra, Quad City Symphony Youth Choir, and the Sanctuary Choir of First Presbyterian Church.
Enjoy a riverboat cruise on the Celebration Belle on Nov. 21 made festive with a family-oriented Christmas show with music, dance, and holiday food favorites.
Back by popular demand, Irving Berlin's White Christmas at the Circa 21 Dinner Playhouse in Rock Island is full of dancing, laughter and some of the greatest songs ever written including "Happy Holiday", "Sisters", "Blue Skies" and, of course, the legendary title song! Based on the popular movie, this musical promises to be a merry and bright theatrical experience for the whole family! White Christmas performance dates are Nov. 7 - Dec. 28.
Thanksgiving Weekend Events
- Nov 29 - Quad City Mallards Hockey Game at the iWireless Center
- Nov 28-30 - Julmarknad is the annual Swedish Christmas Market taking place in the historic village of Bishop Hill. Seasonal Swedish folk characters roam the village and there is music and food
- Nov 28-30 - Christmas Craft Fair with over 180 vendors at the QCCA Expo Center
- Nov 29 - Tribute to the Bee Gees concert at the Quad-Cities Waterfront Convention Center at 7:30 p.m
- Nov 30 - Enjoy the historic buildings decorated at the Walnut Grove Pioneer Village Christmas Walk with crafts, refreshments, and more. Free admission
- Nov 30 - Pianist Jim McDonough performs a Holiday Grande production with an orchestra and singers at the Adler Theatre
- Quad City Arts' Festival of Trees continues through Sunday