- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard (ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,en,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Pagemaker 7
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 MAC
- 29.95$ Mariner Montage MAC cheap oem
- Buy Brainjuice Blogo MAC (en)
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS5 on Demand (en)
- Buy Adobe ColdFusion 9 Enterprise edition MAC (32-bit) (en,ja)
- Buy Red Giant Bullet Suite 11 MAC (en)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium
- Download VMware Workstation 6.5 ACE
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop Retouching Techniques: Beauty Portraits (Feb. 2013)
- Buy Cheap Wireless All In One For Dummies
|LOCAL NONPROFIT GILDA’S CLUB NAMED A FINALIST IN FIFTH ANNUAL TOM’S OF MAINE “50 STATES FOR GOOD”™ PROGRAM|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Erin Williams|
|Tuesday, 15 October 2013 12:17|
Gilda’s Club represents IA as one of 51 Finalists in the Running to Earn $10,000 in Funding
Davenport, Iowa, September 16th, 2013 – Gilda’s Club Quad Cities has been selected as the only finalist from IA in the fifth annual Tom’s of Maine “50 States for Good” community giving program and now has a chance to win $10,000 to grow important community projects and services that will allow us to plant an organic garden and offer workshops on healthy living using local experts. Through a public vote at 50StatesforGood.com now through October 15, supporters can help bring the funding to Davenport with the simple click of a mouse.
The “50 States for Good” program seeks to uncover local nonprofit groups that address community needs and engage volunteers to get the work done. Gilda’s Club G.R.O.W. (Giving Resources Organically Within) entails a combination of planting an organic garden as well as providing workshops on healthy living and sustainability. It would be a fulfilling opportunity for volunteers and members alike.
“Gilda’s Club Quad Cities is absolutely thrilled to be a finalist in the Tom’s of Maine 50 States for Good program. We believe that healthy eating is extremely important however, it can be very expensive. When a family is impacted by a cancer diagnosis sometimes they simply can’t afford to buy these things. Winning this contest would allow us to be able to provide fresh organic vegetables and fruits to our members” – Erin Williams Gilda’s Club Program Outreach Manager
Non-profit finalists from each state were selected from a pool of nearly 1,000 nominations by an independent panel of judges, including star of “The Vampire Diaries” and non-profit founder Ian Somerhalder, Matt Petronzio, assistant features editor covering social good for Mashable.com, Huffington Post columnist Lisa M. Dietlin and Sam Davidson, president of Cool People Care.
“A desire to do more for a favorite nonprofit can often be hindered by a lack of time to volunteer or financial means to make a donation,” said Susan Dewhirst, goodness programs manager at Tom’s of Maine. “50 States for Good makes it easy for anyone to have an impact and directly help organizations that are bringing goodness to communities in a variety of creative and inspiring ways.”
-For several decades, Tom’s of Maine has donated 10% of its profits back to the community and encourages employees to use 5% (12 days) of paid time off to volunteer every year. For more information visit tomsofmaine.com.
About Gilda’s Club Quad Cities
Visit us online at:
About Tom's of Maine
Tags See All Tags