- Buy Adobe After Effects CS6 MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pl,pt,sv,tr,cs,ja,ko)
- Buy OEM Paragon Drive Backup Professional 8.5
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training
- Buy Ashampoo Movie Shrink And Burn 3 (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (64 bit)
- Buy Photoshop CS5 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- 199.95$ CorelCAD 2013 (64 bit) cheap oem
- Download Aimersoft DVD Ripper 2 MAC
- Buy Corel Designer Technical Suite X5 (en)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Persian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2010 (32-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk Inventor Suite 2011
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop MAC
- Discount - Maxon Cinema 4D R11 Studio Bundle MAC
|Local Students enrolled at Cornell College|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Jamie Kelly|
|Monday, 10 October 2011 15:57|
MOUNT VERNON, IA (10/06/2011)(readMedia)-- This year's class of new students at Cornell College is among the most geographically and ethnically diverse in the history of Cornell, with students from 42 states and 10 countries and 25 percent domestic students of color. They are academic achievers, with 14 valedictorians, six salutatorians and 57 students who held a 4.0 or better GPA, and they are involved in co-curricular activities, as well. Sixteen percent were class or organization presidents, 15 percent were captains of a sport, 32 percent were varsity athletes, 34 percent were musicians, and 19 percent were involved in theatre.
With a total enrollment of 1,197 students, Cornell College set a record for the second year in a row.
Among the students enrolled at Cornell are:
Irene Herzig of Davenport
Katherine Jessen of Davenport
Bryce Lightner of Davenport
"Cornell received 3,600 applications for admission this past year," said Jonathan Stroud, vice president for enrollment. "This volume of interest enables the college to make offers of admission based upon a careful assessment of the academic and personal fit of a student with the level of academic challenge and quality of community here at Cornell. We are excited about the talents and interests of our incoming class. They have already demonstrated an extraordinary capacity for and commitment to learning, intellectual curiosity, a taste for adventure and exploration, and a desire to make a difference in their communities and beyond."
Featured in Colleges That Change Lives, Cornell College in Mount Vernon, Iowa, is a national liberal arts college with a distinctive One Course At A Time (OCAAT), or block, academic calendar. The OCAAT provides students with intellectual immersion, academic focus, and unique freedom to shed the confines of the traditional classroom to study off-campus, pursue research, or accept an internship-all without missing out on other classes. Cornell's excellent faculty, majors and pre-professional programs, and engaging residential life all combine to offer numerous extraordinary opportunities in the classroom, on campus, and around the world. Founded in 1853, the college's entire hilltop campus is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
"We're pleased to welcome some of the best students from Iowa, 41 other states and around the world this fall," said Cornell President Jonathan Brand. "Cornell's academic rigor, creative teaching and flexible One Course At A Time calendar help ensure that we draw students to campus, once again, in record numbers. This puts us in an excellent position as we continue to work to strengthen Cornell further and increase enrollment."
Tags See All Tags