- 299.95$ Avid Media Composer 6 (64 bit) cheap oem
- 19.95$ Thegrideon Access Password Professional 2.0 cheap oem
- Discount - The Hidden Power of Blend Modes in Adobe Photoshop
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6 MAC
- Buy OEM Nik Software Silver Efex Pro MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layers
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition (en,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011
- Discount - Altova StyleVision Enterprise 2009
- Discount - Lynda.com - Joomla!: Creating and Editing Custom Templates
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - After Effects CS6 Essential Training
- Download Sony Sound Forge 9
- Buy Cheap DivX Pro 7 MAC
|Local students to tour Japan with the Augustana Symphonic Band|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Sam Schlouch|
|Monday, 10 February 2014 13:20|
ROCK ISLAND, IL (02/10/2014)(readMedia)-- The Augustana Symphonic Band will tour Japan for the first time from February 21-March 4. The band will perform four concerts while in Japan, and will perform a home concert on Saturday, March 15 at 8 p.m. in Augustana's Centennial Hall (3703 7th Ave., Rock Island).
The Augustana Symphonic Band is the college's oldest music ensemble, dating back to 1874. The band held its first formal concert in Clark's Hall in Paxton, Illinois, prior to the college's move to its Rock Island campus in 1875. Dr. James Lambrecht, professor of music and director of bands at Augustana, has directed the band since 1988.
Lambrecht is no stranger to Japan. He performed there as a graduate student under the direction of Ray Cramer, who directed the Indiana University Wind Ensemble and is a regular guest conductor at the Musashino Academia Musicae in Tokyo. Lambrecht has followed in Cramer's footsteps, having served as guest conductor at Musashino twice, with another appointment scheduled for this coming summer.
Mitchell Carter '14, a music education major from Mundelein, Ill., said, "It's a really exciting opportunity to be able to continue this tradition of sharing our music. Our program for this tour is a unique blend of works with ties to both the United States and Japan, including Julie Giroux's Symphony IV, which is based on famous Japanese woodprints, as well as classic Western band literature, such as a handful of Sousa marches and Holst's First Suite in E-flat."
While in Japan, the band will perform concerts and participate in exchanges with other bands in Osaka and Tokyo.
The following students from your area will tour with the Augustana Symphonic Band:
Ingrid Schneider of Davenport (52806)
Andrew Bainter of Coal Valley (61240)
Lizandra Gomez-Ramirez of Rock Island (61201)
Bobby Holmquist of East Moline (61244)
Benjamin McKay of Rock Island (61201)
About Augustana College: Founded in 1860, Augustana College is a selective four-year residential college of the liberal arts and sciences. The college is recognized for the innovative program Augie Choice, which provides each student up to $2,000 to pursue a high-impact learning experience such as study abroad, an internship or research with a professor. Current students and alumni include 149 Academic All-Americans, a Nobel laureate, 13 college presidents and other distinguished leaders. The college enrolls 2,500 students and is located along one of the world's most important waterways, the Mississippi River, in a community that reflects the diversity of the United States.
Tags See All Tags