- Discount - Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (32-bit)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium Digital Classroom
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium
- Buy Cheap Sony DVD Architect Pro 5
- Download Lynda.com - PHP Essential Training
- 219.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection Student and Teacher Edition cheap oem
- 219.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (64 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Nuance OmniPage Professional 16 (en,de,fr)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business
- 19.95$ iSkysoft iTube Studio 2 MAC cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop MAC
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Microsoft AutoRoute 2011 Europe
|Loebsack Announces Strong Iowa Support for Resolution Opposing Olympic Decision to Drop Wrestling|
|News Releases - Sports & Recreation|
|Written by Congressman Dave Loebsack|
|Friday, 15 February 2013 15:18|
Washington, D.C. – Yesterday, Congressman Dave Loebsack introduced a Resolution (H.Res. 71) with Jim Jordan (OH-04) and Tim Walz (MN-01) expressing opposition to the International Olympic Committee’s decision to eliminate wrestling as a core sport. Today, three legends of Iowa and Olympic wrestling, Dan Gable, Tom Brands and Terry Brands threw their support behind the resolution. Loebsack will continue to work with his colleagues in Congress and those in the wrestling community to push to overturn this misguided decision.
“We haven't done a good enough job in sharing our sport to the right people (IOC). We need to start doing that this second and I thank Representative Loebsack for leading the charge in Congress to express our state’s, and nation’s, opposition to this decision. This needs the whole team’s involvement. I will stand with him to fight this decision,” said Dan Gable.
“The decision to cut wrestling from the Olympic Games by the IOC is a worldwide injustice. Every corner and culture of the planet is affected by this decision. There is nothing more sacred to living than learning to overcome struggles. Wrestling, more than any other form of sport and recreation, represents all that is real and true about life. When decisions are made it is always tough to reconsider. The IOC must not only reconsider, they must reverse their decision. I applaud Congressman Loebsack for introducing a resolution in the House of Representatives to encourage the IOC to reverse this decision. Intelligent decision making has to prevail here and now. We must all work hard and smart together,” said Tom Brands.
“Wrestling and the Olympics are synonymous, together as one. As the oldest, greatest and purest sport, I will look, with pleasure, to the World Wide Coalition reversing the IOC vote to eliminate wrestling. I am pleased to stand tall with Congressman Loebsack and fully support his resolution opposing the IOC’s decision,” said Terry Brands.
“The decision by the International Olympic Committee is a slap in the face to the wrestling community. Iowans share a strong attachment to the sport, but also to the hard work, perseverance and determination it represents. I applaud Dan, Tom and Terry for standing up with one voice against this decision and I look forward to fighting alongside them,” said Congressman Loebsack.
Also today, Loebsack joined Iowa Governor Branstad, Lt. Gov. Reynolds, Senators Grassley and Harkin, and Representatives Latham, King, and Braley in writing a letter to IOC President Jaques Rogge urging the IOC to keep wrestling as a core sport.###
Tags See All Tags