- Buy Cheap Excel 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning jQuery Programming (en)
- Download Solidworks 2009 Premium SP4 (32-bit)
- 289.95$ Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5 cheap oem
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Chinese (Mandarin) (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (64-bit)
- Download dtSearch Desktop 7
- Buy Cheap Solidworks 2010 Premium (32-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk SketchBook Pro 2011 MAC
- Download Omni Group OmniGraffle 5 Standard MAC
- Buy Microsoft Office Word 2007 (en)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011 (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Captivate CC
|Loebsack, Jordan and Walz Call on IOC to Maintain Wrestling as Olympic Tradition|
|News Releases - Sports & Recreation|
|Written by Joe Hand|
|Friday, 06 September 2013 15:16|
IOC decision on wrestling expected this Sunday
Washington, D.C. – Congressmen Dave Loebsack (IA-02), Jim Jordan (OH-04), and Tim Walz (MN-01) today wrote the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), Dr. Jacques Rogge, calling on him to reinstate wrestling as an Olympic Sport in the 2020 Olympic Games. On Sunday, the IOC will meet in Buenos Aires to vote on which sport to include. Loebsack, Jordan and Walz have led the fight in the House of Representatives to reinstate wrestling since the decision was made to drop it as a core sport earlier this year.
“Wrestling’s inclusion in the Olympics dates back to 708 BC and the history of wrestling is the history of the Olympics itself,” the Congressmen wrote. “The Olympic Games are the embodiment of tradition, the culmination of childhood dreams and the hard work and dedication of athletes to reach the pinnacle of their sport. We believe strongly that wrestling exemplifies the best of these qualities in athletics. We strongly urge you to maintain wrestling as an Olympic tradition.”
A copy of the letter can be found here.
The resolution that Congressmen Loebsack, Jordan and Walz introduced earlier this year can be found here.
Tags See All Tags