- Download Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
- Discount - Apple Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- Discount - FL Studio 8 XXL
- Buy Cheap proDAD Mercalli 3 SAL (32-bit)
- 259.95$ Autodesk AutoCad 2011 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Navicat Premium 9 MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
- Download FL Studio 9 Producer XXL
- 299.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014 MAC
|Loebsack, Jordan, Walz to Introduce Resolution Opposing Olympic Decision to Drop Wrestling|
|News Releases - Sports & Recreation|
|Written by Joe Hand|
|Friday, 15 February 2013 11:48|
Washington, D.C. – Congressmen Dave Loebsack (IA-02), Jim Jordan (OH-04) and Tim Walz (MN-01) announced today that they will be filing a resolution in the House of Representatives expressing opposition to the International Olympic Committee’s decision to drop wrestling as a core sport. The resolution will be introduced in the coming days.
“The decision by the International Olympic Committee to drop wresting is baffling. The history of collegiate and Olympic wrestling runs through Iowa. From Dan Gable and Tom Brands to Cael Sanderson and Jake Varner, Iowa has represented the sport with determination and the hard work it takes to succeed in life and sport. I will continue to work with my colleagues to change this ruling on behalf of Iowa’s, and America’s, storied wrestling history,” said Congressman Dave Loebsack.
“Wrestling defines the Olympic spirit like no other sport. The IOC got this one dead wrong, and their decision threatens to extinguish the dreams of countless American athletes. I look forward to working with my friends in the wrestling community toward reversing this ruling,” said Congressman Jim Jordan.
“I am disappointed by the IOC’s decision to eliminate wrestling from the Olympic Games. Minnesota has a storied and rich wrestling heritage. This is especially true in southern Minnesota where wrestling gives students the confidence, courage, and work ethic it takes to be successful not only in the sport, but also in life. I urge the urge the IOC to reconsider their decision and reinstate wrestling as a core sport of the Summer Games,” said Congressman Tim Walz.###
Tags See All Tags