- Download Autodesk Mudbox 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap LATENITESOFT Xslimmer MAC
- 19.95$ Aimersoft DVD Ripper 2 MAC cheap oem
- 39.95$ Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012 cheap oem
- Download Atomix VirtualDJ Pro 7 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Director 11
- Discount - Mariner StoryMill 3 MAC
- 29.95$ Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery v3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Apple Motion 5 MAC
- 99.95$ Adobe InDesign CS5.5 MAC cheap oem
- Download Corel Draw 11 MAC
|Loebsack: Snow, Rain or Heat Can’t Stop the Postal Service, Don’t Let Congress|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Joe Hand|
|Wednesday, 01 August 2012 08:27|
Calls on Speaker Boehner to Address Postal Issues Before Looming Default
Washington, D.C. – Congressman Dave Loebsack today urged Speaker of the House John Boehner to address issues facing the United States Postal Service before it defaults on a payment to its Retiree Health Benefit Fund. In a letter to the Speaker, Loebsack pointed out that the USPS will default on its retiree health care fund obligation this Wednesday, August 1. The Senate has already acted on legislation to address this, as well as other short- and long-term needs of the Postal Service. The House has failed to bring the bipartisan, Senate-passed measure to the floor for consideration.
“Congress has been warned for months that the Postal Service would be forced to default on this payment,” wrote Loebsack. “I am committed to working nonstop morning, noon, and night in order to prevent the USPS from defaulting on its payments and address the financial stability of the agency and the services it provides.
The payment was originally due in 2011, but was delayed by Congress to August 1, 2012. The USPS is also expected to be unable to make the next $5.6 billion payment due in September. Loebsack pushed the Speaker to work on this and other critical issues facing Iowans and our country rather than recessing for August vacation. A copy of the letter Loebsack sent is available here.
Tags See All Tags