- Buy Cheap ConceptDraw Office Professional 8
- 79.95$ Boris Graffiti 5.2 cheap oem
- Download Adobe Photoshop Top Secret
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Swedish (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- 49.95$ ACDSee Pro MAC cheap oem
- 19.95$ Delicious Library 2 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop Elements 6
- Buy OEM ABest Video to WMV SWF FLV Converter
- Download Arobas Music Guitar Pro 6
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Revit Structure 2014 MAC
- Buy Cheap Access 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CC MAC (Full Lifetime License)
- 89.95$ Adobe Acrobat X Pro Student And Teacher Edition cheap oem
|Loebsack Urges Congress to Include Disaster Relief Programs in Farm Bill|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Joe Hand|
|Friday, 20 July 2012 13:49|
Washington, D.C. – Congressman Dave Loebsack today called on Speaker of the House John Boehner and the leader of the House Agriculture Committee to address the expiration of two critical USDA disaster relief programs when the Farm Bill is brought to the floor. During the recent Ag Committee mark up of the Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2012 (FARRM Act), there was no discussion of extending the Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments (SURE) program for crop losses in 2012; the Livestock Indemnity Program is included for 2012. Both programs are no longer covering losses, which leaves a large gap in critical assistance for farmers with passage of a farm bill this year in question.
“Traveling extensively throughout large portions of Iowa, I have met with numerous farmers and have heard firsthand of the worsening [drought] conditions,” urged Loebsack. “Given the worsening conditions and already substantial livestock losses that have occurred in the Midwest and throughout the South, I again respectfully urge you to consider a disaster programs when the FARRM Act is brought to the floor of the House.”
Loebsack has also asked the Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack, to determine whether or not he has the authority to extend the SURE program or the Livestock Indemnity Program for 2012 if Congress is unable to complete a reauthorization of the farm bill. He also asked the USDA to consider emergency haying and grazing of Conservation Reserve Program land in Iowa.
A copy of both letters can be found below.
USDA Disaster Aid Programs:
USDA Disaster Aid Programs to Secretary Vilsack
Tags See All Tags