- Discount - Eset Smart Security 5 (32-bit)
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 MAC (en,ja)
- Buy Slysoft CloneDVD 2 (en)
- 19.95$ Sony ACID Music Studio 9 cheap oem
- Discount - Corel Video Studio Pro X2
- Buy Cheap Macrabbit CSSEdit 2 MAC
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Introduction To AJAX With jQuery
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn French (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Corel Digital Studio 2010
- Download Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Pro
- Buy Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (64-bit) (en)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (32-bit)
- 99.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Spanish (Latin America) (Level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Set) MAC cheap oem
|Louisiana First Lady Serves Donated Ham to Settle Outback Bowl Wager|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Jen Sorenson|
|Friday, 31 January 2014 16:21|
Grace Place Ministries provides 150 meals with ham from Iowa Select Farms and its Foundation
Iowa Falls, Iowa — Jan. 31, 2014 — To conclude a friendly wager between Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad over the Outback Bowl, Louisiana First Lady Supriya Jindal today joined other volunteers serving ham donated by Iowa Select Farms for lunch at Grace Place Ministries in Monroe, La.
Each governor pledged to send 200 pounds of his state’s quintessential food — Iowa pork and Louisiana seafood — to charities in both states if his team lost. After the University of Iowa Hawkeyes lost 21-14 to the Louisiana State University Tigers, Iowa Select Farms and the Deb and Jeff Hansen Foundation stepped up to fulfill Gov. Branstad’s commitment, delivering 100 pounds of ham to Grace Place Ministries and 100 pounds of ham to the Food Bank of Iowa in Des Moines.
“This was a typical day at the soup kitchen, but more special because of Supriya Jindal,” says Rhonda Grace, Founder and CEO of Grace Place Ministries. “She was so genuine and gracious, the ham tasted great, and we would like to say thanks again to Iowa Select Farms.”
Approximately 150 people gathered at the Monroe soup kitchen today to enjoy sliced Iowa ham cooked in pineapple juice, along with green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, fruit salad, rolls and cakes. Today, Grace Place Ministries served seven of the 12 hams donated by Iowa Select Farms and the Deb and Jeff Hansen Foundation, saving the other five hams for a future meal.
# # #
About Iowa Select Farms
Iowa Select Farms, based in Iowa Falls, is Iowa’s largest pork producer with nearly 1,000 employees and 300 producers in Iowa. The owners of Iowa Select established the Deb and Jeff Hansen Foundation in 2006. Providing hunger relief is one of the core missions of the Foundation, which to date has donated more than 1.5 million servings of pork to food banks, pantries and shelves across Iowa.
Tags See All Tags