April 13, 2013, Isle Center, Bettendorf
The winners are:
· Miss Julianne DeLessio, Pleasant Valley High School, leadership. She is the Founder of “Dance for Me”.
· Miss Samantha Sharp, Jordan Catholic, Volunteerism
· Miss Nicole Typupia, Rock Island, athletics
· Miss Ana Kugler, Central High School, Teachers Choice Award Leader in “Girls Learn International” only chapter in Iowa
· Amanda Grissom, Davenport, Junior Theater, Performing Arts
· Miss Sedat Romilus, Central High School, Academics (14 year old junior)
· $500 scholarship winner, Miss Tiffany Fields, Moline High School
· Girl of the Year, Miss Love 2013 to be announced at event.
Love Girls Magazine and Epiphany Events, Event Management and Planning, LLC have collaborated to host "The Love Awards- A Purple Carpet Event" to further the mission of Love Girls Magazine, The Love Awards will honor girls from all over the Quad Cities for their achievements. Girls were nominated by QC community. Local teens have gone above and beyond to provide a unique experience for local young women to be recognized. This event will be hosted of Veda Rossi of Rock Island High School and Curtis Bell of Rushour. Students from local high schools and colleges will provide entertainment. Sponsors include, Royal Neighbors, Amy’s Gift, Striving for Excellence, QC Barbell, Diamond Ministries, Wainwright Orthodontics and The Little Black Dress.
Love Girls Magazine was founded by Jasmine Babers in January 2012, at the age of 16. This magazine focuses on the encouragement and positive self-esteem of local girls in the Quad Cities area. Babers, along with other young women (ages13-19), and mentoring adults, have created a unique non profit organization and magazine, that honors young girls by sharing their inspirational stories along with fun articles on fashion,
beauty, confidence, entertainment, fitness and health. The magazine is published quarterly and always features a local young woman on the cover.
The community is invited to come and support Love Girls Magazine in their efforts and witness a great event for the community. Tickets are $7.00, and can be purchased at Family Resources in Moline, IL or by visiting www.lovegirlsmagazine.com.
Editor Jasmine Babers 309-786-1928